Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #107
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Megasquirt - Spark Success!" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
MrSlickNov-22-04 01:52 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107, "Megasquirt - Spark Success!"

For more details see this post:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=4695

I posted the news there a few days ago, but basically I now have the Megasquirt running full spark and fuel control on my car. using the factory Crank Position Sensor.
This is very good news for the 420A community.

I'll post more later. Ask away with any questions.

Lee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
Initial DSMNov-23-04 07:18 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#118, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 10

Very good news.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMRoadsterNov-23-04 05:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#119, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by MrSlick
The next thing to work on is Knock Detection using the factory knock sensor.

try to get that done before christmas please, so i can ask Santa for a MS. I already bought a lap top in anticipation of getting a MS.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

MrSlickNov-24-04 05:37 AM
1120 posts,
#120, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
Originally posted by MrSlick The next thing to work on is Knock Detection using the factory knock sensor.
try to get that done before christmas please, so i can ask Santa for a MS. I already bought a lap top in anticipation of getting a MS.

Well the circuit design and software are already in existence.
But I need to build the circuit, and test it with the 2gnt knock sensor to see if it works.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

Teamner947Nov-28-04 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#121, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by JasonESi_T
Just so everyone knows, this is about as big as it gets for the 420a in my opinion. I mean, I thought it was huge when you could slap a turbosystem on the 420a, but now, to slap a standalone (fuel AND IGNITION) that controls everything and uses most of the stock sensors....wow. And to top that, it only costs about $300. DSMlink...psssht. This is awesome! With full control of fuel and ignition (retard), there's really nothing stopping anyone from boosting 25...30 + psi. BIG horsepower here!

Yes, this is definately big news. Maybe now I'll finally see someone from this board (and others...) at the shootout next year in Q16 other than HRC.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

97whitESiNov-28-04 04:30 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#122, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 14

the message is clear: we NEED somebody to do the theoretical NVT1500 swap.....

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

SilverBullet20gNov-23-04 08:15 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2004
558 posts,
#123, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by MrSlick
For more details see this post: http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=4695 I posted the news there a few days ago, but basically I now have the Megasquirt running full spark and fuel control on my car. using the factory Crank Position Sensor. This is very good news for the 420A community. I'll post more later. Ask away with any questions. Lee.

Is it possible to use the MS spark control with my AEM? So I don't have to build a crank trigger wheel? I should of bought this in the first place..

(parting out 95 GS)

xtrickedeclipsexNov-23-04 09:19 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#124, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 16

BHA!!! I CANT WAITE ANY LONGER!!! STOP TAUNTING ME!!!!

j/k...Keep up the good work lee..your the man
---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

MrSlickNov-24-04 05:39 AM
1120 posts,
#125, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex
BHA!!! I CANT WAITE ANY LONGER!!! STOP TAUNTING ME!!!! j/k...Keep up the good work lee..your the man --------------------------------------- "Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things" www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

Thanks's hombre.
If you want to add the stuff to your MS it will need modifications.
You can do them yourself if you can solder, or you can send it back to me and I can make the mods for you.
There will be a fee of $45 for the mods including ground shipping.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

xtrickedeclipsexNov-24-04 06:46 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#126, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 18

I prolly send mine down. i want this BAD.
---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

TXTurboGSNov-24-04 07:05 AM
Member since Sep 29th 2003
333 posts,
#127, "RE: Megasquirt - Spark Success!"
In response to Reply # 19

LEE, I need to hear from you soon. I need my MS, the one I bought plus I was thinking of addng the spark control too, so please, get back to me. Thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #107 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic