Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #473
View in linear mode

Subject: "damn oil press gauge not working" Previous topic | Next topic
magnusApr-10-01 07:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#473, "damn oil press gauge not working"

i had the oil pressure gauge hooked up with the stock dummy light and the reading was wrong so i took the stock signal off the auto meter gauge and just hooked it up directly now i get no reading at all. could i have messed up the sending unit or the gauge by doing this?????????

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSApr-10-01 08:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#474, "RE: damn oil press gauge not working"
In response to Reply # 0

Need a little more on how you had it set up. I'm assuming it was an electrical not mechanical guage. How did you wire it? Before and after.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

magnusApr-10-01 11:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
#475, "RE: damn oil press gauge not working"
In response to Reply # 0

ok well the stock sending unit wire broke off the little clip you put on the sending unit so i spliced the stock wire into the auto meter sending unit wire so the auto meter sending unit would send a signal to both the gauge and the dummy light.... Well the gauge readings were all wrong and the dummy light got real bright when i revved the engine. so i disconnected the stock wire. and i have just the autometer sending unit wire going straight to the gauge. now im getting no response from the gauge i checked the ground and the hot source so.......

TeamMichael_97RSApr-11-01 01:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#476, "RE: damn oil press gauge not working"
In response to Reply # 2

First thing I would do is check the solder on your connections and see if you're making a good connection. Make sure you aren't grounding out anything. If it still looks bad then I would contact autometer and have them check your sending unit or return it as defective if you can, and try another.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #473 Previous topic | Next topic