Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #339
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
magnusApr-07-01 06:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#339, "Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ok i love my udp yadda yadda yadda,,,,,,but damn that fuckin squeaking is killing me..............please someone tell me how to make it stop. OR what 2 new belts i need to get to stop it from squeaking permenately. I used belt dressing but that isnt helping.....................this is an emergency people think my car is a bucket because of that horrible sound...... (ps i have the AFX udp)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Fast420A, Apr-08-01 12:44 AM, #1
RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, klipzracer, Apr-08-01 01:22 AM, #2
      RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, HadesOmega, Apr-09-01 06:57 PM, #3
           RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, mike95rs, Apr-09-01 11:16 PM, #4
RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, CJK, May-02-01 06:28 AM, #5
RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, js99rs, May-02-01 04:03 PM, #6

Fast420AApr-08-01 12:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#340, "RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Tighten your belts more.

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klipzracerApr-08-01 01:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#341, "RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I just replaced both of my belts on my car and if i turn the steering wheel a lot it squeeks. If i got the a/c on and turn it at all it squeeks and it's loud as hell. do you think i need to tighten my belts??

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

HadesOmegaApr-09-01 06:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#342, "RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Tighten the belts but not too tight. Leave some slack. Check too see if you alternator bracket is tightned all the way. If it is you might have to buy a smaller belt like I did. It's different will other cars I don't know why.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

mike95rsApr-09-01 11:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#343, "RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

How long have you had them on for. All new belts squeek a little before they stretch and settle. I don't have a upd, but when my power steering belt started to go bad it squeeked alot and for a tempory fix until I put the new one in, A cuople on drops of dishwasing liquid on the belt will stop it from squeeking temporarly. Don't use anything greasy on it though.

CJKMay-02-01 06:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1 posts,
#344, "RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I had that problem and had to replace the tensioner pulley. Piece of crap to install, but the noise went away.

js99rsMay-02-01 04:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#345, "RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

my pully will be ordered as soon as someone comes up with a solution to this damn squeeking problem. i cant stand squeeking belts. it makes me feel like im driving a piece of shit and everyone knows it. so if you guys at afx read this, find a solution and ill send you some $$$

aem cai
pacesetter headers
gs-t exhaust
red altezzas
rims, tires, and a bunch of other little stuff....that list is way too short....more will come!

-jason

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #339 Previous topic | Next topic