Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectPlease STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=339
339, Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by magnus, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok i love my udp yadda yadda yadda,,,,,,but damn that fuckin squeaking is killing me..............please someone tell me how to make it stop. OR what 2 new belts i need to get to stop it from squeaking permenately. I used belt dressing but that isnt helping.....................this is an emergency people think my car is a bucket because of that horrible sound...... (ps i have the AFX udp)
340, RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Tighten your belts more.

341, RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by klipzracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just replaced both of my belts on my car and if i turn the steering wheel a lot it squeeks. If i got the a/c on and turn it at all it squeeks and it's loud as hell. do you think i need to tighten my belts??

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

342, RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tighten the belts but not too tight. Leave some slack. Check too see if you alternator bracket is tightned all the way. If it is you might have to buy a smaller belt like I did. It's different will other cars I don't know why.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |
343, RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by mike95rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How long have you had them on for. All new belts squeek a little before they stretch and settle. I don't have a upd, but when my power steering belt started to go bad it squeeked alot and for a tempory fix until I put the new one in, A cuople on drops of dishwasing liquid on the belt will stop it from squeeking temporarly. Don't use anything greasy on it though.
344, RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by CJK, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had that problem and had to replace the tensioner pulley. Piece of crap to install, but the noise went away.
345, RE: Please STOP THE SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by js99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my pully will be ordered as soon as someone comes up with a solution to this damn squeeking problem. i cant stand squeeking belts. it makes me feel like im driving a piece of shit and everyone knows it. so if you guys at afx read this, find a solution and ill send you some $$$

aem cai
pacesetter headers
gs-t exhaust
red altezzas
rims, tires, and a bunch of other little stuff....that list is way too short....more will come!
I generated this page in 0.0080599784851074 seconds, executing 7 queries.