Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #24990
View in linear mode

Subject: "Found Bearing for belt tensioner!" Search result list | First match | Last match
jamesmanJun-10-02 08:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24990, "Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"

Hello all,
i told you i would find one so we don;t have to spend 150 bucks at satan!
this is the bearing that is press fit into the PS/AC tensioner that always goes bad! It is a bearing that fits on a 12 MM shaft, it has a 37mm outer diameter, and a 12 mm width. it is part number 5972K86 in the Mcmaster-carr catalog. or go to www.mcmastercarr.com and get it. It is only $6.30. hell I bought 3 only cost 19.00 bucks. satan wants 150 bucks for the whole tensioner assembly. the other parts don't wear out. just this stupid bearing and satan don't sell just the bearing. so now you can just get the bearing and save alot of money!
lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!, Fast420A, Jun-10-02 09:42 AM, #1
RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!, TeamMetalJim, Jun-10-02 11:12 AM, #2
      RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!, jkoston, Jun-10-02 11:36 AM, #3
you are the fuckin man..., Skrilla, Jun-10-02 11:52 AM, #4
RE: you are the fuckin man..., jamesman, Jun-10-02 03:28 PM, #5
      RE: you are the fuckin man..., jamesman, Jun-11-02 03:46 AM, #6
           RE: you are the fuckin man..., TeamMetalJim, Jun-11-02 08:39 AM, #7
                RE: you are the fuckin man..., TeamMetalJim, Jun-12-02 07:25 AM, #8
                     RE: you are the fuckin man..., mcgyvr, Jun-12-02 08:01 AM, #9
                          RE: you are the fuckin man..., All4thaN0okie, Jun-12-02 11:32 AM, #10
                               RE: you are the fuckin man..., TeamMetalJim, Jun-12-02 12:47 PM, #11
                               RE: you are the fuckin man..., All4thaN0okie, Jun-13-02 08:57 AM, #12
                                    RE: you are the fuckin man..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-28-05 06:11 AM, #13
                                         RE: you are the fuckin man..., mcgyvr, Jan-28-05 06:32 AM, #14
                                              RE: you are the fuckin man..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-28-05 06:42 AM, #15
                                                   RE: you are the fuckin man..., extreme97nt, Jan-28-05 07:05 AM, #16
                                                        RE: you are the fuckin man..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-28-05 07:08 AM, #17
                                                             RE: you are the fuckin man..., TeamXtremeRS, Jan-28-05 12:48 PM, #18
                                                                  RE: you are the fuckin man..., TeamMetalJim, Jan-28-05 09:01 PM, #19
                               RE: you are the fuckin man..., GhostintheNight, Jan-28-05 10:25 PM, #20
                                    RE: you are the fuckin man..., wite96gs, Feb-03-05 09:48 AM, #21

Fast420AJun-10-02 09:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24991, "RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"
In response to Reply # 0

AWESOME!!!! Mine just broke the other day. I gotta find the nut that holds it on too.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimJun-10-02 11:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#24992, "RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"
In response to Reply # 1

This is a GREAT find

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns : Kenwood KDC 5000 : AutoCommand remote start
incomming - lower strut bars : AFX UDP

14.76 @ 94.72mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

jkostonJun-10-02 11:36 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2001
201 posts,
#24993, "RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"
In response to Reply # 2

what problem exactly does this fix?

CAI | GS-t Muffler | AFX UDP! | And occasionally no PS

SkrillaJun-10-02 11:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#24994, "you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 0

...mine busted today and no PS/AC SUCKS, ESPECIALLY when hittin a corner at 70 when you aren't ready for it! You deserve an award or something, hahaha and I have a machine press!

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

jamesmanJun-10-02 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#24995, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 4

man i was about to put my foot in satan's ass when they told me it was 140 bucks. I honestly laughed in his face when he told me that. After that i was on a mission. The bearing is a double sealed cartridge bearing that has an ABEC 1 rating which i believe is much better than the stock one. you can just heat the pulley and the bearing will drop right out.
lates
james

jamesmanJun-11-02 03:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#24996, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 5

I got them. they fit just fine, delivered to my door the next day! woo hoo!
lates
james

TeamMetalJimJun-11-02 08:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#24997, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 6

Right on. Ordered mine last night

Gude cams : test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns : Kenwood KDC 5000 : AutoCommand remote start
incomming - lower strut bars : AFX UDP : belt tensioner bearing

14.76 @ 94.72mph

TeamMetalJimJun-12-02 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#24998, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, that was quick. And it fits like a glove. I hammered the old one out. I pressed the new one in as far as i could with a vice(to make sure it went in straight, then I used the closest matching socket(craftsman 26mm) to pound it the rest of the way in. This is much better than paying satan $140!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!!

14.76 @ 94.72mph

mcgyvrJun-12-02 08:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#24999, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 8

shoot, I thought everyone knew about mcmaster carr they have everything nut/bolt/bearing/bushing etc you could possibly need, Ive ordered stuff in the morning and it shows up at 4 in the afternoon same day.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

All4thaN0okieJun-12-02 11:32 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#25000, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 9

haha..you guys dont like the no PS/AC mod? i did it and i love it.... $0 + horsepower = awesome mod

(but i think i need my AC)
anyone know the size of that bolt??? cuz i lost mine too...

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

TeamMetalJimJun-12-02 12:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#25001, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 10

I gotta have my AC

As far as the bolt is concerned. The 2 bolts for the tensioner assembly look to be very special. The axle bolt just fits the inside diameter of the bearing, then after that there is a hexagonal secion that locks the slider from rotating, then there are threads for the lock nut. The adjustment bolt is about 4 inches long(?), threaded all the way up to a 1/4inch(?) collar that keeps it locked into the tensioner bracket. Basically, they are special bolts. I'd raid a junkyard before buying the kit from satan. I think the tensioner assembly was $160 when I asked - several years ago.

My car has made this whistling noize ever since I bought it. It's so loud that you could hear it all the way through the RPM range. My wife and I named the car "the jet"(again years ago) cause it sounded like a friggin jet plane. Damn bearing. I've been keeping the belt loose(ever since I bought it) to help prevent it from blowing up, but the downside to that is that the belt squeaks like mad when its raining or even really humid outside ....at least it used to.

14.76 @ 94.72mph

All4thaN0okieJun-13-02 08:57 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#25002, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 11

sorry..im a retard..i just need that lock nut... i have all the bolts ( im on my 3rd one ) right now my pulley it just layin there rattling around lol.. (but i have another pulley right here..cuz i spent the $120 already)

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-28-05 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85321, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 12

Are people still doing this? I've had my belt slip twice in the past 2 weeks and now I think I need to replace the tensioner like I did in the eclipse.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

mcgyvrJan-28-05 06:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#85322, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 13

yes the bearing still fits

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-28-05 06:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85325, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by mcgyvr
yes the bearing still fits

I'm sure it still fits.

If it's still working and if anyone ran into any problems is what I was after.

98 ESi
95 GS

extreme97ntJan-28-05 07:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#85326, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 15

Are you sure you put it together correctly? I did this about a year back and I put one thing backward and it made the belt slip. Ever since I fixed it all was well. I got my bearing from a local bearing place(I live near an industrial park)
good luck

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-28-05 07:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85327, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by extreme97nt
Are you sure you put it together correctly? I did this about a year back and I put one thing backward and it made the belt slip. Ever since I fixed it all was well. I got my bearing from a local bearing place(I live near an industrial park) good luck

Ohhh I havn't done this mod. The last 2gnt I had I replaced the entire tensioner before jamesman posted this. This is my first belt slippage on my new 2gnt and I remembered jamesman posting this way back so I dug it up. I ordered the parts but was curious if it really is a long-term fix. So far it sounds like everyone has been happy with it so I'll give it a shot.

98 ESi
95 GS

TeamXtremeRSJan-28-05 12:48 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#85335, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 17

Yeah I got the replacement bearing on my car for about a year and a half without any issues yet..It's really easy to replace..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamMetalJimJan-28-05 09:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#85367, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 18

Yep. Mine still works like a charm.

15.7 @ 87.9mph

GhostintheNightJan-28-05 10:25 PM
Member since Jan 25th 2005
170 posts,
#85368, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 10

what, just disable the A/C at the pulley?

wite96gsFeb-03-05 09:48 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
#85542, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 20

I found this one through Fastenal, even better price than Mcmaster Carr. Do you guys think this will work just as well???

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0474414

let me know what you all think, thanks

-----------
'96 Eclipse GS
'94 Talon TSi AWD
www.SOVADSM.com

All gone now. Too bad, so sad.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #24990Search result list | First match | Last match