Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #24990
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Found Bearing for belt tensioner!" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
jamesmanJun-10-02 08:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24990, "Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"

Hello all,
i told you i would find one so we don;t have to spend 150 bucks at satan!
this is the bearing that is press fit into the PS/AC tensioner that always goes bad! It is a bearing that fits on a 12 MM shaft, it has a 37mm outer diameter, and a 12 mm width. it is part number 5972K86 in the Mcmaster-carr catalog. or go to www.mcmastercarr.com and get it. It is only $6.30. hell I bought 3 only cost 19.00 bucks. satan wants 150 bucks for the whole tensioner assembly. the other parts don't wear out. just this stupid bearing and satan don't sell just the bearing. so now you can just get the bearing and save alot of money!
lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
Fast420AJun-10-02 09:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24991, "RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"
In response to Reply # 0

AWESOME!!!! Mine just broke the other day. I gotta find the nut that holds it on too.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimJun-10-02 11:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#24992, "RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"
In response to Reply # 1

This is a GREAT find

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns : Kenwood KDC 5000 : AutoCommand remote start
incomming - lower strut bars : AFX UDP

14.76 @ 94.72mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

jkostonJun-10-02 11:36 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2001
201 posts,
#24993, "RE: Found Bearing for belt tensioner!"
In response to Reply # 2

what problem exactly does this fix?

CAI | GS-t Muffler | AFX UDP! | And occasionally no PS

SkrillaJun-10-02 11:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#24994, "you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 0

...mine busted today and no PS/AC SUCKS, ESPECIALLY when hittin a corner at 70 when you aren't ready for it! You deserve an award or something, hahaha and I have a machine press!

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

jamesmanJun-10-02 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#24995, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 4

man i was about to put my foot in satan's ass when they told me it was 140 bucks. I honestly laughed in his face when he told me that. After that i was on a mission. The bearing is a double sealed cartridge bearing that has an ABEC 1 rating which i believe is much better than the stock one. you can just heat the pulley and the bearing will drop right out.
lates
james

jamesmanJun-11-02 03:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#24996, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 5

I got them. they fit just fine, delivered to my door the next day! woo hoo!
lates
james

TeamMetalJimJun-11-02 08:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#24997, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 6

Right on. Ordered mine last night

Gude cams : test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns : Kenwood KDC 5000 : AutoCommand remote start
incomming - lower strut bars : AFX UDP : belt tensioner bearing

14.76 @ 94.72mph

TeamMetalJimJun-12-02 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#24998, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, that was quick. And it fits like a glove. I hammered the old one out. I pressed the new one in as far as i could with a vice(to make sure it went in straight, then I used the closest matching socket(craftsman 26mm) to pound it the rest of the way in. This is much better than paying satan $140!!! YOU DA MAN!!!!!

incomming - lower strut bars : AFX UDP : belt tensioner bearing

14.76 @ 94.72mph

mcgyvrJun-12-02 08:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#24999, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 8

shoot, I thought everyone knew about mcmaster carr they have everything nut/bolt/bearing/bushing etc you could possibly need, Ive ordered stuff in the morning and it shows up at 4 in the afternoon same day.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

All4thaN0okieJun-12-02 11:32 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
501 posts,
#25000, "RE: you are the fuckin man..."
In response to Reply # 9

haha..you guys dont like the no PS/AC mod? i did it and i love it.... $0 + horsepower = awesome mod

(but i think i need my AC)
anyone know the size of that bolt??? cuz i lost mine too...

'95 Eclipse RS
INTERIOR
-Sony CDXM 750
-2 JL Audio 12w0 subs
-Premiere Amp
-CompuStar 2WAS Alarm with Remote Start and Pager
EXTERIOR
-Enkei 15" wheels (came with the car)
-2nd Generation Altezza Tails
-Clear Bumper Lenses
-APC Speed Glo Mirrors (with turn signals)
-Red LED Washer Nozzles
PERFORMANCE
-K&N Filter

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #24990 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic