Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137965
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission/Starter gasket?" Previous topic | Next topic
demonkedJun-30-13 01:20 PM
Member since Mar 12th 2012
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137965, "Transmission/Starter gasket?"

Hello everyone, I am about to put my transmission back on my motor when I realized that I have misplaced a gasket/spacer. I don't know exactly what it is called, but it is the seal of the top of the transmission, where the starter motor is. I can see right into my transmission and clutch and everything through the other side and I know there is supposed to be a gasket there. If someone could help me out with a link or the name of the part that would be a great help.

Thanks everyone.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DirtMegirtJun-30-13 05:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137966, "RE: Transmission/Starter gasket?"
In response to Reply # 0

If you're talking about the thin metal plate that goes between the tranny and the block, there is one for sale on ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180836070874

I'm not exactly sure what it is called, but scatter shield is coming to mind??

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

demonkedJul-01-13 10:50 AM
Member since Mar 12th 2012
31 posts,
#137967, "RE: Transmission/Starter gasket?"
In response to Reply # 1

Perfect this is exactly what i needed. Thank you so much

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-01-13 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#137968, "RE: Transmission/Starter gasket?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DirtMegirt
I'm not exactly sure what it is called, but scatter shield is coming to mind??

It's just a dust cover.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137965 Previous topic | Next topic