Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137957
View in linear mode

Subject: "fpr pictures/help" Previous topic | Next topic
TurbchargdSpydrJun-21-13 11:04 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137957, "fpr pictures/help"

Life story: So I'm about to finish my summer classes in a few weeks and I'm getting ready to order parts right now so by the time I'm done, I can finish my car ASAP.

The Problem: After re-reading everything on the SFMU setup, I already have 39 lb injectors, the SFMU, I'm in the process of ordering the fittings and hoses and what not. I'm going to get the 6AN return line and keep the factory supply line. However I realized that all the previous posts on the subject on this website doesn't have any of the pictures that were uploaded at the time. So I was wondering if anybody has any pictures of the fpr on the car or removed. I understand the fpr and the filter is one unit. But can't seem to find any pictures online.

A few questions that I need the photos for:
A) Does the hard line coming from the engine bay to the fpr have threading at the end of it? meaning if I were to remove the filter and fpr unit, can I just find a fitting that will match up perfectly?

B) If A isn't possible and its a barbed connection or something, how safe is it to plug up the part where the fpr attaches?

C)Is using the stock oil filter better/worse/indifferent to using an aftermarket oil filter in this setup?

D)Obviously if I install a new oil filter and bypass the whole oem fpr/oil filter system, there will be no point to this next question, but if I do use the oem oil filter, how will I need to connect the rest of it to the tank?

Again like I said, any photos will help me understand what other parts to order so I don't waste time ordering during install. I wish I had time to take apart my car right now and get some answers but I'm really busy, (Biochem and physics, 7 credits)....Thanks in advance!

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

fpr pictures/help [View all] , TurbchargdSpydr, Jun-21-13 11:04 PM
  RE: fpr pictures/help, TurbchargdSpydr, Jun-22-13 10:44 PM, #1
RE: fpr pictures/help, eclipse420ags, Jun-24-13 11:51 AM, #2
      RE: fpr pictures/help, TurbchargdSpydr, Jun-24-13 02:06 PM, #3
           RE: fpr pictures/help, TurbchargdSpydr, Jul-01-13 07:04 PM, #4
           RE: fpr pictures/help, eclipse420ags, Jul-02-13 06:40 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137957 Previous topic | Next topic