Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136250
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help!! SO MANY PROBLEMS!" Previous topic | Next topic
BigswoleeclipseMar-16-12 10:25 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2012
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136250, "Help!! SO MANY PROBLEMS!"

Okay, so bought my 95 eclipse. Had a bent rod. It eventually went threw the block. I bought a engine and put it in, started it let it run. And it was started making a Terrible noise in clutch or flywheel. Which I think is cracked now. I tried to start it again and it won't start, I get spark, but Its like flooded! I put a fuel rail on there without the fuel return line, cause it doesn't have a line to the rail, so maybe its flooding it's self when I turn it off? Also! I rebuilt the engine and got a new ECM. It won't go over 4000 rpm! And i was driving it today and my god dammed fuel is leaking like a damn fauset! It literally was falling out, I don't know what to do! Any answers on any of this? Is my fuel return line a problem? I have the old fuel rail withthe return line, I'm going to pu it in, and what about my leak? Anyone have a cracked flywheel before? It's a Terrible noise!

Damn My 420a.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BigswoleeclipseMar-16-12 10:34 PM
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136251, "RE: Help!! SO MANY PROBLEMS!"
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone?

Damn My 420a.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-16-12 10:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#136252, "RE: Help!! SO MANY PROBLEMS!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Bigswoleeclipse
Anyone?

You need to run the '95 fuel rail on a '95 car. With no return, you're running over 100psi of fuel pressure.

The 4000RPM rev limit is typically MAP sensor related.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

BigswoleeclipseMar-16-12 11:00 PM
4 posts,
#136253, "RE: Help!! SO MANY PROBLEMS!"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm going to do this Tomorrow, thank you very much! Could that pressure have caused a leak in fuel?

Damn My 420a.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-16-12 11:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#136254, "RE: Help!! SO MANY PROBLEMS!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Bigswoleeclipse
I'm going to do this Tomorrow, thank you very much! Could that pressure have caused a leak in fuel?

100+psi versus the regular ~43psi. Think about it.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Babbz413Mar-18-12 07:43 AM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#136261, "RE: Help!! SO MANY PROBLEMS!"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-18-12 07:44 AM by Babbz413

You need to replace that clutch/flywheel immediately if you believe its cracked before it totally gives and comes flying out thru your bellhousing causing all types of destruction. Happened to me a few years ago, destroyed wires, radiator, radiator fan, etc.

95 GS Boosted

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136250 Previous topic | Next topic