Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136290
View in linear mode

Subject: "Loud P/S pump after adding fluid" Previous topic | Next topic
Guinness97Mar-20-12 01:38 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2004
89 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136290, "Loud P/S pump after adding fluid"

My power steering pump has been squeally ever since I got my car back from getting the new engine installed. Additionally, P/S fluid would bubble out of the resevoir when the motor was running. I thought this may be due to overfilling and the system working out all the bubbles after re-filling the system.

Then, it stopped squealing for no apparent reason. So, I checked the resevoir again and it was low. I proceeded to re-fill the resevoir to the recommended level and as soon as I added fluid the pump starting making the awful squealling again! What would this be caused from? If anything, I thought additional fluid would result in less squealing. Bad pump?

On another note, I have a strong suspicion that the mechanic swapping my engines added brake fluid into the P/S resevoir. I can't confirm this, but I think I will drain as much P/S fluid as I can and try to refill it with P/S fluid.

Any ideas?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Loud P/S pump after adding fluid [View all] , Guinness97, Mar-20-12 01:38 PM
  RE: Loud P/S pump after adding fluid, Babbz413, Mar-20-12 03:11 PM, #1
RE: Loud P/S pump after adding fluid, Guinness97, Mar-21-12 06:58 AM, #2
      RE: Loud P/S pump after adding fluid, Fotowntalon, Mar-21-12 07:08 AM, #3
           RE: Loud P/S pump after adding fluid, junkyarddsm, Mar-21-12 11:41 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136290 Previous topic | Next topic