Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135892
View in linear mode

Subject: "Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?" Previous topic | Next topic
LE30vmJan-24-12 03:59 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2011
37 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135892, "Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
Jan-24-12 04:32 PM by LE30vm

A missing hose? Above the PS pump and near the T-Stat neck, It looks like it runs over the valve cover...? I have traced it in the engine bay, Is it the power steering cooling lines?

"

And here are up close photos of it,

"" 
""

2007 - Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 - stock work SUV
1995 Talon TSi - Sold
1996 Base 2.5" Exhaust headers back, CAI, searching for long block to build and drop in.- Sold
1996 RS Daily Driver - Blown motor
1997 RS NA Built motor - Sold

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-24-12 04:55 PM, #1
RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Jan-25-12 12:17 AM, #2
      RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Jan-25-12 12:27 PM, #3
           RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, LE30vm, Jan-25-12 12:52 PM, #4
                RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Jan-25-12 01:23 PM, #5
                     RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, LE30vm, Jan-25-12 01:37 PM, #6
                          RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, eclipsekaiser, Jan-31-12 12:23 AM, #7
                               RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?, LE30vm, Jan-31-12 12:16 PM, #8

AdministratorCODE4Jan-24-12 04:55 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135893, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-24-12 04:57 PM by CODE4

The connector you have circled is the single conductor pigtail for the coolant temperature gauge in the gauge cluster. Nothing related to the power steering.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2ndGen-ElTalonJan-25-12 12:17 AM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
#135894, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jan-25-12 12:00 PM by 2ndGen-ElTalon

Though, That hard line/vacuum line on the inner side of the timing cover, that is circled. That leads from a soft line off the bottom side of your intake manifold, then connects to the hard line in the picture, & follows the contour of the VC, until it meets up with yet another Vacuum line "soft" that leads off to...

I forget where it goes after it meets near the Thermostat housing... Shit. It MIGHT be for the Evap Solenoid/Canister, not absolutely positive on that though. I'm talking about the one I see circled in the picture.

Jeff.

EDIT: Got some pictures for you, to show you what I mean.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

2ndGen-ElTalonJan-25-12 12:27 PM
88 posts,
#135897, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 2

This is the Vacuum Line I am speaking of. Runs over the VC, as seen here.

http://wm58.inbox.com/thumbs/1e1_f2aab_5e64b4_oJ.jpg.thumb

Heading to the front of the car, it tucks around the side/bottom of the thermostat housing. But yet, above the Powersteering Pump, shown here.

http://wm58.inbox.com/dnl/0125121151.jpg.aspxx?_cu=pJmofCEp45-j8B2HMjmVWBsgwWTaGe8kU9f52XwF61yY7_bOAMSdKfF6Qj5WI29GHCpLPzMFPhwya8ipR_4OktVRRnYeu1jmfimimqZA@&V=1

From there, it connects to a rubber vacuum line, that runs down to a hard line, right behind the passenger bumper & headlight, yet midway down. I THINK, its to the EVAP canister. My fingers are on the rubber hose here, showing the hard line it connects to below it.

http://wm58.inbox.com/thumbs/1e2_f2aaa_9ef6a8f4_oJ.jpg.thumb

Now, moving onto the backside of the engine, the hard line again, follows the contour of the valve cover, where it then runs down the back side of the VC, still on the side of the timing cover. It connects to this Intake Vacuum hose, rubber.

http://wm58.inbox.com/thumbs/1dd_f2aaf_12def144_oJ.jpg.thumb

Where then it finally runs to an end at the Intake Manifold, to the Y type of barbed fitting. Hard to see here, though it connects on the left side of the fitting, fitting is fairly easy to find, to the right of the MAP sensor, yet on the backside of the manifold slightly.

http://wm58.inbox.com/thumbs/1db_f2ab1_b95d836_oJ.jpg.thumb

Hope this clears some things up. Sorry for the cell phone quality pictures, did this on my lunch break quick.

Jeff.

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

LE30vmJan-25-12 12:52 PM
37 posts,
#135898, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 3

Oh thanks, wasnt sure if it was a vac line or something else. Gunna head over to autozone and figure out what hose size is needed then.
Thanks.

Would a vac line throw a CEL? Because currently I'm CEL free.

1995 Talon TSi - Sold
1996 Base 2.5" Exhaust headers back, CAI, searching for long block to build and drop in.- Sold

2ndGen-ElTalonJan-25-12 01:23 PM
88 posts,
#135899, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 4

It could, It depends on quite a few things though, condition, where you are as far as climate goes, etc.

Though, you could just be seeing slightly less in mpg with it off, & an annoying hissing under the hood.

Hose should be around 1/4"-3/8" inner diameter.

Jeff.

LE30vmJan-25-12 01:37 PM
37 posts,
#135901, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 2ndGen-ElTalon
Though, you could just be seeing slightly less in mpg with it off, & an annoying hissing under the hood.

That explains the annoying hissing -.- I kept looking for it and the other day I noticed that hard line.

1995 Talon TSi - Sold

eclipsekaiserJan-31-12 12:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#135949, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 6

I might be a bit late on this, but yes that is a EVAP vaccum line that connects to the hard line that goes over your valve cover. 1 ends connects to the intake manifold, the other end goes to the Purge solenoid/canister in the passenger side fender.

-K-

LE30vmJan-31-12 12:16 PM
37 posts,
#135950, "RE: Missing Hose? Trying to figure out what system it is for?"
In response to Reply # 7

I had a bunch of extra line laying around off a second intake mani that I am going to port to a Jeep 4.0 TB so I did a temporary fix.

1995 Talon TSi - Sold

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135892 Previous topic | Next topic