Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134670
View in linear mode

Subject: "NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
FotowntalonJul-28-11 08:16 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134670, "NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
Jul-28-11 08:17 AM by Fotowntalon

Coming this Saturday :p

Just wanted to make everyone else as excited as I am.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Jul-28-11 08:38 AM, #1
RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-28-11 11:13 AM, #2
RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Jul-28-11 04:51 PM, #3
      RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, dalesmitsu, Jul-28-11 07:01 PM, #4
      RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-29-11 12:49 PM, #5
           RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Jul-30-11 12:53 PM, #6
                RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, 740 turbo brick, Jul-30-11 04:37 PM, #7
                     RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Jul-30-11 05:22 PM, #8
                          RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-30-11 05:58 PM, #9
                               RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Jul-31-11 11:10 AM, #10
                                    RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, 740 turbo brick, Jul-31-11 06:58 PM, #11
                                         RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Slo2g, Aug-03-11 09:18 PM, #12
                                              RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Aug-03-11 09:43 PM, #13
                                                   RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, ModeratorVX100, Aug-04-11 10:21 PM, #14
                                                        RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Aug-04-11 10:50 PM, #15
                                                             RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-05-11 03:21 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Fotowntalon, Aug-05-11 09:45 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Aug-05-11 10:08 AM, #18

2ndGen-ElTalonJul-28-11 08:38 AM
Member since May 26th 2010
88 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134671, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Aww. Damn, another trick! DAMN YOU!

So T-minus "X" days?

What are you aiming for?

Jeff.

Originally posted by 740TurboBrick

"Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers..."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-28-11 11:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#134674, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
Coming this Saturday :p Just wanted to make everyone else as excited as I am.

(In Fred Sanford tone) "You big dummy!"

You just jinxed yourself. Don't you know the rules?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

FotowntalonJul-28-11 04:51 PM
350 posts,
#134683, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 2ndGen-ElTalon
Aww. Damn, another trick! DAMN YOU! So T-minus "X" days? What are you aiming for? Jeff.

aiming for 160 (being kinda generous with my hopes)

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by Fotowntalon Coming this Saturday :p Just wanted to make everyone else as excited as I am.
(In Fred Sanford tone) "You big dummy!" You just jinxed yourself. Don't you know the rules?

What rules?

"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

dalesmitsuJul-28-11 07:01 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#134684, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 2ndGen-ElTalon Aww. Damn, another trick! DAMN YOU! So T-minus "X" days? What are you aiming for? Jeff.
Originally posted by Fotowntalon Coming this Saturday :p Just wanted to make everyone else as excited as I am.
(In Fred Sanford tone) "You big dummy!" You just jinxed yourself. Don't you know the rules?
What rules?

Glad, I could help you out. Looking foward seeing the video after work this weekend.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-29-11 12:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#134701, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 2ndGen-ElTalon Aww. Damn, another trick! DAMN YOU! So T-minus "X" days? What are you aiming for? Jeff.
What rules?

Basic rules of going to the dyno. You don't announce that you are going. Just like you don't say you are going to make xxxwhp. The dyno Gods frown upon such tomfoolery. Now, if someone was to ask if you are going to the dyno, you can certainly answer them at that point. But not before someone asks.

You can also take note that you responded properly to ElTalon's question. You only came up with a number AFTER it was requested of you. And your answer was appropriately vague.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq

FotowntalonJul-30-11 12:53 PM
350 posts,
#134724, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-30-11 01:30 PM by Fotowntalon

Good, bad and... interesting news, as always.
First off working on video in a few, kind of tired from the 2+ hours of driving.
The good news one of the workers at the shop gave us a ride around town in there 2009/2010 GTR! Other good news I gained 10whp from the tune (not sure what the hell my AFX was doing).

For the bad/interesting news, I lost about 10lbs of tq, and made 148whp(same as last time). I'll have to find a scanner for the comparison between old and new dyno, but it moved my entire power band to the right.

Me and the dyno tuner discussed this (and really made me wish I brought my SRI to be 100% sure on this) but it seems I am not ready for the AMM IM. He told me if I could rev my car out to 8-9k range I would slap the shit out of the old manifold, but being my current rev range, he personally wouldn't run it.

I plan on keeping the manifold on for purposes of seeing if it helps or hurts (and how much) at the strip along with the fact that it was to much work to put on. Hopefully after next years rebuild I can take this thing to honda reving levels and really take full advantage of everything!

Final numbers are 148whp/ 121 lbs of TQ

740 turbo brickJul-30-11 04:37 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#134726, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

What gear and what was it revved to? Sounded a lot shorter than mine. Although you cant make a 420A sound different no matter what you do to it, sounds just like mine. Im sure that mani will help at the track though. How does it feel on the street with it?

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

FotowntalonJul-30-11 05:22 PM
350 posts,
#134727, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7
Jul-30-11 05:26 PM by Fotowntalon

3rd gear, first started out revving to 7k, then revved it to 7400, after the 2nd or 3rd time of revving to 7400, it acted like it hit a rev limiter, which was weird, so we backed it down to 7150. I'm imaging that was to a 7150 time (the video that is).

For how it feels, it feels much better after the dyno, but I have a horrible ass dyno so cant say a whole lot, sometimes I hit a sweet spot and I get a big smile, but its normally around a corner and I think thats mainly the LSD.

As for how it helps, on the track I am 90% sure it would hurt on the track at the moment, for the strip (which is probably what you meant) I think its possible it could hurt, although I could see it helping... Kind of hard to talk about until I can show you guys the graph.

ModeratorbullettdsmJul-30-11 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#134728, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

What's going on in the first 17 seconds of the video?

Awaiting graph.......

Captain Caveman

FotowntalonJul-31-11 11:10 AM
350 posts,
#134731, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-31-11 11:12 AM by Fotowntalon

Due to scanner being down, this is the best I can do, but should be good enough for our purposes

Really really wish I would have brought SRI for some more in depth compairisons, but as you can see currently with the AMM manifold I am losing a lot of mid end, but if I build for all top end and being to rev more it appears I could have some amazing 7000+ rpm power

740 turbo brickJul-31-11 06:58 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#134732, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

Maybe you should let me get that intake and see what I can do with it........

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Slo2gAug-03-11 09:18 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#134780, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

congrats I guess on the numbers, but it does seem like this intake has hurt your performance and I'm sure with such a big drop in mid-range you will have a bit slower time. However, once you are able to take advantage of this intake, I'm sure it will do better for you!

FotowntalonAug-03-11 09:43 PM
350 posts,
#134781, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

I could see it helping to evening out my time, just for the fact that I will be able to launch at a higher RPM, but this is all theory/speculation, one of the reasons (along with time) that I am leaving it on for the shootout.

Also wondering if I had used a 60mm TB if it would be better, wonder if the 57mm being smaller is causing some type of turbulence? I don't know probably grasping at straws

ModeratorVX100Aug-04-11 10:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#134793, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

Sounded like mine when I ran it recently.

What was your AFX doing? Same thing as mine, it helped but not enough. Glad you got more out of tuning the car. That is what the dyno is best for, tuning and comparing before and after, ont he same dyno of course as you get different numbers on different setups.

Post up your mods again if you could please I want to see for comparison.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

FotowntalonAug-04-11 10:50 PM
350 posts,
#134794, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

it honestly feels like my AFX moves the rev limited at will. Also last time with the AFx the safc was only 2whp off, this time, was about 10... i almost wonder if my afx is bugging out... I am probably being paranoid, anyways here is the mod list for you.

Bolt-on Modifications:
AEM SRI w/heat shield (for winter) AEM V2 (for Summer), DC 4-2-1 Headers, Apexi Catback, Odessy Optimum Battery, High Flow Catalytic Converter, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Carbon Fiber Hood, Fiberglass Fenders, Ported TB to 57mm, All Motor Mike Intake Manifold, Unorthadox Racing UDP, Aluminum Radiator w/ OBX radiator hoses, Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scraper

Engine Management:
AFX ECU, Apexi SAFC2

Engine Internals:
Cylinder Head P&P (by pure tuning), Crower Stage 2 Cams, Fidanza Adjustable Cam gears, Crower Springs and Retainer Set

(not including suspension and drivetrain, but not really dyno affecting)

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-05-11 03:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#134795, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 15
Aug-05-11 04:20 AM by bullettdsm

it honestly feels like my AFX moves the rev limited at will. Also last time with the AFx the safc was only 2whp off, this time, was about 10... i almost wonder if my afx is bugging out...

That dyno sheet is just bugging me. There is something rotten in Denmark. Your 2010 pull was with the ported head correct?

After some ruminations into the past, I'm also wondering how important higher comp is to our set-ups. I always kinda considered it just a little "insurance bump". But after seeing some of the more recent dyno's, I'm wondering about its importance

Captain Caveman

FotowntalonAug-05-11 09:45 AM
350 posts,
#134803, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

Correct MB, and I agree with the Higher Comp being a bigger and bigger game changer.

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-05-11 10:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#134805, "RE: NEW DYNO with Video!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Hmm......

Also, if its any consolation my AFX originally gave me a 8500 redline, so I can see it being a possibility.

Captain Caveman

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #134670 Previous topic | Next topic