Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #116578
View in linear mode

Subject: " is my ECU stupid?" Previous topic | Next topic
VOTBLINDUBDec-24-05 09:25 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2003
403 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116578, " is my ECU stupid?"

ok, so i dont know whats goin on. ill be cruisin at like 50-60 at around 1500 RPM and if i try to push the gas just a slight bit to gain like 1 or 2 mph more it doesnt. it doesnt downshift or anything, it leans the hell out and the car goes DRDRDRDRDRDRDR then i have to floor it or just shift it one gear down or turn off the overdrive button so it makes it shift. WTH? this only happens under 2K rpm. it does that shaking stuttering thing till it hits 2K or I shift it. i mean come on! its got an ATX, why am i supposed to shift it? what the hell is the ECU doing? why doesnt it compensate for it leaning out with some more fuel?

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: is my ECU stupid?, CrazyEclipse, Dec-24-05 09:30 AM, #1
RE: is my ECU stupid?, Blizare, Dec-24-05 09:41 AM, #2
      RE: is my ECU stupid?, pr0, Dec-24-05 09:50 AM, #3
           RE: is my ECU stupid?, djtrickee, Dec-24-05 10:38 AM, #4
                RE: is my ECU stupid?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-24-05 11:25 AM, #5
                     RE: is my ECU stupid?, TeamDR1665, Dec-24-05 01:34 PM, #6
                     RE: is my ECU stupid?, 96eclipse2nr, Dec-24-05 01:47 PM, #7
                          RE: is my ECU stupid?, VOTBLINDUB, Dec-24-05 04:08 PM, #8
                     RE: is my ECU stupid?, CrazyEclipse, Dec-24-05 05:14 PM, #9
                          RE: is my ECU stupid?, xceler8, Dec-24-05 11:40 PM, #10
                          RE: is my ECU stupid?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-24-05 11:47 PM, #11
                               RE: is my ECU stupid?, pr0, Dec-25-05 09:40 AM, #12
                                    RE: is my ECU stupid?, VOTBLINDUB, Dec-25-05 06:52 PM, #13
RE: is my ECU stupid?, check your plugs, Noogabox, Feb-20-08 01:37 PM, #14
RE: is my ECU stupid?, ramsey95ESi, Feb-20-08 08:03 PM, #15

CrazyEclipseDec-24-05 09:30 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116579, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 0

yup.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareDec-24-05 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#116580, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by CrazyEclipse
yup.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

pr0Dec-24-05 09:50 AM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
288 posts,
#116581, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 2

go eBay a working ECU.

djtrickeeDec-24-05 10:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#116582, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by pr0
go

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-24-05 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#116583, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 4

Probably not, no.

Make sure you have a functional front O2 sensor, and that your TPS isn't fucked up or unplugged. If it can't see throttle changes, it can't do accel enrichment.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamDR1665Dec-24-05 01:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#116584, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 5

Or it could just be plugs and wires...

96eclipse2nrDec-24-05 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#116585, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DR1665
Or it could just be plugs and wires...

exactly..sure sounds like a misfire to me... common problem

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

VOTBLINDUBDec-24-05 04:08 PM
403 posts,
#116586, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 7

ill be looking into changing my fuel filter, plugs and wires. i was also told that my ecu fuel maps might be off and to simply reset the ECU. im hesitant, but ill do it if i have to. i do have new plugs, i recently replaced them after the car was doing the same thing and it went away after new plugs were in. so im not sure.

I just wish my car was as fast as it was loud. people tell me i should use my sub to push it, it might go faster.

CrazyEclipseDec-24-05 05:14 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#116587, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by DarkOne
Probably not, no. Make sure you have a functional front O2 sensor, and that your TPS isn't fucked up or unplugged. If it can't see throttle changes, it can't do accel enrichment.

Did u get the memo? We are putting the new coversheets on all TPS reports. So YEA..I'll go ahead and send u another copy of that memo. Okay!

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

xceler8Dec-24-05 11:40 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
#116588, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 9

thanks lumberg! Go ahead and give that auto tranny the "o" face!

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-24-05 11:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#116589, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 9

Memo

Re: Michelle

Subject:

Fuck off.

Sincerely,

Dino.

Get it?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

pr0Dec-25-05 09:40 AM
Member since Aug 26th 2004
288 posts,
#116590, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 11

Forgot about the plug wires, that could be the problem as well. Maybe as well check that out before the ECU since its way cheaper.

VOTBLINDUBDec-25-05 06:52 PM
403 posts,
#116591, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 12

how do you clean the o2 sensors? im thinkin ill pull the first one and clean it up, drive around see if that helps. i dont think its ever been cleaned. it might be just kinda clogged

NoogaboxFeb-20-08 01:37 PM
Member since Feb 01st 2008
96 posts,
#116592, "RE: is my ECU stupid?, check your plugs"
In response to Reply # 0

Theres a couple things that can happen that will ultimatly caus ethe problem. The immediate symptom is that shutter and you have a loss of power. That means misfiring, Check your plugs. If they are black your ecu is creating a over rich situation that fouled the plugs and therefore reduced the spark potential to zilch. However if the arent all black check their condition you may need new ones OR they are gapped too wide. The wider a Gap the longer a sparke which does mean better fuel economy however if it becomes too wide then throttle response goes down the tubes. Make sure your plugs are in spec. If the plugs were black you may need a O2 sensor, take it to the dealer. Just unpluging a Sensor and pluging another on in doesnt work ( though it may help slightly) because the new o2 must be calibrated with the computer agianst the fuel map ( throttle vs Speed x 02 voltage) If any are off so is the Air fuel ratio and that will slowly kill the spark plugs . Those plugs then dont respond well to increased spark and yout throttle sucks. Its a big loop issue really

ramsey95ESiFeb-20-08 08:03 PM
Member since Jan 07th 2008
63 posts,
#116593, "RE: is my ECU stupid?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by VOTBLINDUB
it leans the hell out and the car goes DRDRDRDRDRDRDR

Now HOW does that go again?!

2gnt (period)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #116578 Previous topic | Next topic