Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectRE: is my ECU stupid?, check your plugs
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=116578&mesg_id=116592
116592, RE: is my ECU stupid?, check your plugs
Posted by Noogabox, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Theres a couple things that can happen that will ultimatly caus ethe problem. The immediate symptom is that shutter and you have a loss of power. That means misfiring, Check your plugs. If they are black your ecu is creating a over rich situation that fouled the plugs and therefore reduced the spark potential to zilch. However if the arent all black check their condition you may need new ones OR they are gapped too wide. The wider a Gap the longer a sparke which does mean better fuel economy however if it becomes too wide then throttle response goes down the tubes. Make sure your plugs are in spec. If the plugs were black you may need a O2 sensor, take it to the dealer. Just unpluging a Sensor and pluging another on in doesnt work ( though it may help slightly) because the new o2 must be calibrated with the computer agianst the fuel map ( throttle vs Speed x 02 voltage) If any are off so is the Air fuel ratio and that will slowly kill the spark plugs . Those plugs then dont respond well to increased spark and yout throttle sucks. Its a big loop issue really
I generated this page in 0.0090739727020264 seconds, executing 6 queries.