Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #21148
View in linear mode

Subject: "Computer monitored Eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseApr-23-02 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21148, "Computer monitored Eclipse"

Where can I find a program and cable to put in my laptop that will allow me to moniter my engine and/or nos through my computer? This would be pretty neat to have. Thanks

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, mcgyvr, Apr-23-02 07:42 AM, #1
RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, 1FastEclipse, Apr-23-02 07:51 AM, #2
RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, 420aVenger, Apr-23-02 08:46 AM, #4
      RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, Chris_FL, Apr-23-02 01:34 PM, #6
RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, mcgyvr, Apr-23-02 07:55 AM, #3
      RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, bigbrent88, Apr-23-02 11:03 AM, #5
           RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, TeamMetalJim, Apr-23-02 09:12 PM, #7
                RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, babybeclipse, Apr-24-02 12:35 AM, #8
                     RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, theallpowerfulme, Apr-24-02 09:52 AM, #9
                          RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, theallpowerfulme, Apr-24-02 09:55 AM, #10
                               RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, TeamMetalJim, Apr-24-02 02:53 PM, #11
                                    RE: Computer monitored Eclipse, bigbrent88, Apr-24-02 06:30 PM, #12

mcgyvrApr-23-02 07:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21149, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.autotap.com/ is one

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1FastEclipseApr-23-02 07:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
#21150, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

that one is cool but I was looking for one that is more like the one in the Fast and The Furious. I would like to monitor nos and things like that while I race. Any such thing out there? Thanks

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

420aVengerApr-23-02 08:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#21151, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 2

>>>I was looking for one that is more like the one in the Fast and The Furious. I would like to monitor nos<<<

Is that a joke? I really hope so...but I wouldn't use one like in the movie. That brand will blow out your floor panel and break the welds on your intake manifold.

Chris_FLApr-23-02 01:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
926 posts,
#21152, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 4

>
>Is that a joke? I really hope so...but I wouldn't use one
>like in the movie. That brand will blow out your floor
>panel and break the welds on your intake manifold.

ROTFLMAO

http://www.snappydsl.net/ctoledo/

mcgyvrApr-23-02 07:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#21153, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

www.obd2.com

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

bigbrent88Apr-23-02 11:03 AM
Member since Jan 13th 2002
692 posts,
#21154, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

He wants a stand alone! The only way you will get those 3-D graphs is with a stand alone, and that isnt showing the engine in realtime, its just the engine setting for different points.

TeamMetalJimApr-23-02 09:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#21155, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 5

AEM has a standalone - http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : Test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns
incomming - lower strut bars

14.76 @ 94.72mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

babybeclipseApr-24-02 12:35 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21156, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 7

AEM doesn't make one for 420A Eclipse

theallpowerfulmeApr-24-02 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#21157, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 8

also,
ROTFLMAO.....complete with flashing intake damage warning display!
bwaahhahaahahahh!

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

theallpowerfulmeApr-24-02 09:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#21158, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 9

oh and metaljim,

plese describe the dual air horn setup.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

TeamMetalJimApr-24-02 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#21159, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 10

> plese describe the dual air horn setup.

IMHO - The stock horn is way to quite for the idiots I direct it at. When I use the horn, i really lay onto it, usually about 15 seconds longer than people are usually used to hearing a horn. I keep it on nice and long so the idiot knows exactly where I am in his vicinity. OK, enough about why I got the horn.

I got it at pep boys for $35. It comes with an electric air pump, solanoid, a few feet of hose, an air tee, two different size horns(one is 6 inch, and one is 8..i think?), and a mounting bracket. The power line for the solenoid goes directly to the battery. The solenoid is activated by the stock horn line - I just detached it, and spliced into it right where the stock horn is. I mounted the pump on the PCM bracket. The horns are right below it, in the cavity in front of the drivers side tire. The hoses are cut to fit. One line routes fromt the pump to the tee - where it routes out to the horns.

It has a very annoying 2 tone sound. Remember that part in Dumb & Dumber where Jim Carey says "You know what the most anoying sound in the world is?". It's much more annoying than that and much much louder. It does not sound like aaaoooogaaaa - it's a two tone blast. I can't recall the decibel rating on them, but it was around or above 100. They have very good response time - it takes less then .1 second to get them to full blast. The big horn kicks in first - almost immediately, then the second one kicks in - but like I said, it doesn't take long at all.

Belive me, you don't want to be the idiot when I press this thing.

Gude cams : Test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns
incomming - lower strut bars

14.76 @ 94.72mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

bigbrent88Apr-24-02 06:30 PM
Member since Jan 13th 2002
692 posts,
#21160, "RE: Computer monitored Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 11

I want a foghorn for my car. Now that would be sweetness!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #21148 Previous topic | Next topic