Go back to previous topic
Forum namePerformance/Engine
Topic subjectComputer monitored Eclipse
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=21148
21148, Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by 1FastEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where can I find a program and cable to put in my laptop that will allow me to moniter my engine and/or nos through my computer? This would be pretty neat to have. Thanks
21149, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.autotap.com/ is one
21150, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by 1FastEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that one is cool but I was looking for one that is more like the one in the Fast and The Furious. I would like to monitor nos and things like that while I race. Any such thing out there? Thanks
21151, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by 420aVenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
>>>I was looking for one that is more like the one in the Fast and The Furious. I would like to monitor nos<<<

Is that a joke? I really hope so...but I wouldn't use one like in the movie. That brand will blow out your floor panel and break the welds on your intake manifold.
21152, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by Chris_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

>
>Is that a joke? I really hope so...but I wouldn't use one
>like in the movie. That brand will blow out your floor
>panel and break the welds on your intake manifold.

ROTFLMAO
:7
21153, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
www.obd2.com
21154, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by bigbrent88, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
He wants a stand alone! The only way you will get those 3-D graphs is with a stand alone, and that isnt showing the engine in realtime, its just the engine setting for different points.
21155, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by MetalJim, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AEM has a standalone - http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : Test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns
incomming - lower strut bars
21156, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by babybeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
AEM doesn't make one for 420A Eclipse
21157, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by theallpowerfulme, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
also,
ROTFLMAO.....complete with flashing intake damage warning display!
bwaahhahaahahahh!
21158, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by theallpowerfulme, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
oh and metaljim,

plese describe the dual air horn setup. :D
21159, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by MetalJim, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
> plese describe the dual air horn setup. :D

IMHO - The stock horn is way to quite for the idiots I direct it at. When I use the horn, i really lay onto it, usually about 15 seconds longer than people are usually used to hearing a horn. I keep it on nice and long so the idiot knows exactly where I am in his vicinity. OK, enough about why I got the horn.

I got it at pep boys for $35. It comes with an electric air pump, solanoid, a few feet of hose, an air tee, two different size horns(one is 6 inch, and one is 8..i think?), and a mounting bracket. The power line for the solenoid goes directly to the battery. The solenoid is activated by the stock horn line - I just detached it, and spliced into it right where the stock horn is. I mounted the pump on the PCM bracket. The horns are right below it, in the cavity in front of the drivers side tire. The hoses are cut to fit. One line routes fromt the pump to the tee - where it routes out to the horns.

It has a very annoying 2 tone sound. Remember that part in Dumb & Dumber where Jim Carey says "You know what the most anoying sound in the world is?". It's much more annoying than that and much much louder. It does not sound like aaaoooogaaaa - it's a two tone blast. I can't recall the decibel rating on them, but it was around or above 100. They have very good response time - it takes less then .1 second to get them to full blast. The big horn kicks in first - almost immediately, then the second one kicks in - but like I said, it doesn't take long at all.

Belive me, you don't want to be the idiot when I press this thing.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : Test pipe : CAI : Dual air horns
incomming - lower strut bars
21160, RE: Computer monitored Eclipse
Posted by bigbrent88, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want a foghorn for my car. Now that would be sweetness!
I generated this page in 0.01102089881897 seconds, executing 7 queries.