Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8318
View in linear mode

Subject: "please help!!!!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
talon2gntNov-15-09 07:32 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8318, "please help!!!!!!!!!!!"

ok so i have been searching for an answer to my problems here for a couple months and cant seem to find anything, so i finally decided it was time to ask. ok so here is how it is. about 2 years ago i threw a rod through my block so the car just sat for a long time i finally got a new engine put it in and got it running. the first time i went to put in the clutch and put the car into gear it sounded like something let go in the tranny and the car died. i started it back up and there was a horrible grinding and clanking sound coming from the tranny, and now i cant get it into any gear with out actually forcing it to go in. sometime it will go in fine but thats far and few between. i have tried adjusting the master cylinder rod under the dash with no results. when i do get it in gear it clanks still with the clutch in and seems to wanna jerk forward. the clutch seems to work when i do have it in gear though if i let it out like i was going to take off the car moves like normal but the noise presists. i honestly have tried as much as i can with out dropping the tranny but cant seem to figure it out, so i figured some one here would be able to guide me in the right direction before i decide its time to drop the tranny. thanks in advance for any help you can give

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

talon2gntNov-15-09 07:38 PM
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8319, "RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

sorry forgot to mention that when i put the clutch back in after swapping out the motor there was a bent "finger" on the pressure plate facing outward twords the throw out bearing. dont know if that will be any help but figured it was worth mentioning.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmNov-15-09 09:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8320, "RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by talon2gnt
sorry forgot to mention that when i put the clutch back in after swapping out the motor there was a bent "finger" on the pressure plate facing outward twords the throw out bearing. dont know if that will be any help but figured it was worth mentioning.

Why yes that does help. It could easily be the start of your problem (thus causing other problems). But regardless, you are in a situation now of pulling the tranny and seeing what's going on with your clutch.

Sorry

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

talon2gntNov-15-09 09:43 PM
3 posts,
#8321, "RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

thank you thats what i was afraid of what do you think could have happened? could the finger have caught the throw out bearing and pulled it off the clutch fork? im just trying to get a feel for what i should look for when i drop the trans, i dont know to much about transmissions

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-16-09 12:31 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#8322, "RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

That finger might have broke. its hard to say exactly all the things that could have happened.

bearing isnt on the fork properly

fork isnt on the pivot

finger is slapping the shit out of the bearing

there are so many possabilities. pulling and being prepared to buy a new clutch and bearing is prolly the worse case scenario

MattienortonDec-13-09 08:45 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8350, "RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Yup definitely sounds like you need a clutch.

Get one from here, just as good as OEM. 180 shipped. Never had any issues with Eaton.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330372841748&viewitem=

They have Turbo kits as well. Just call or email them.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8318 Previous topic | Next topic