Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectplease help!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8318
8318, please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by talon2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok so i have been searching for an answer to my problems here for a couple months and cant seem to find anything, so i finally decided it was time to ask. ok so here is how it is. about 2 years ago i threw a rod through my block so the car just sat for a long time i finally got a new engine put it in and got it running. the first time i went to put in the clutch and put the car into gear it sounded like something let go in the tranny and the car died. i started it back up and there was a horrible grinding and clanking sound coming from the tranny, and now i cant get it into any gear with out actually forcing it to go in. sometime it will go in fine but thats far and few between. i have tried adjusting the master cylinder rod under the dash with no results. when i do get it in gear it clanks still with the clutch in and seems to wanna jerk forward. the clutch seems to work when i do have it in gear though if i let it out like i was going to take off the car moves like normal but the noise presists. i honestly have tried as much as i can with out dropping the tranny but cant seem to figure it out, so i figured some one here would be able to guide me in the right direction before i decide its time to drop the tranny. thanks in advance for any help you can give
8319, RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry forgot to mention that when i put the clutch back in after swapping out the motor there was a bent "finger" on the pressure plate facing outward twords the throw out bearing. dont know if that will be any help but figured it was worth mentioning.
8320, RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by talon2gnt
sorry forgot to mention that when i put the clutch back in after swapping out the motor there was a bent "finger" on the pressure plate facing outward twords the throw out bearing. dont know if that will be any help but figured it was worth mentioning.

Why yes that does help. It could easily be the start of your problem (thus causing other problems). But regardless, you are in a situation now of pulling the tranny and seeing what's going on with your clutch.

Sorry

8321, RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you thats what i was afraid of what do you think could have happened? could the finger have caught the throw out bearing and pulled it off the clutch fork? im just trying to get a feel for what i should look for when i drop the trans, i dont know to much about transmissions
8322, RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That finger might have broke. its hard to say exactly all the things that could have happened.

bearing isnt on the fork properly

fork isnt on the pivot

finger is slapping the shit out of the bearing

there are so many possabilities. pulling and being prepared to buy a new clutch and bearing is prolly the worse case scenario
8350, RE: please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Mattienorton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yup definitely sounds like you need a clutch.

Get one from here, just as good as OEM. 180 shipped. Never had any issues with Eaton.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330372841748&viewitem=

They have Turbo kits as well. Just call or email them.
I generated this page in 0.011003017425537 seconds, executing 7 queries.