Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8159
View in linear mode

Subject: "do i need a new transmission?" Previous topic | Next topic
repindpiSep-10-09 02:30 AM
Member since Sep 09th 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8159, "do i need a new transmission?"

What can cause of high RPM but car does not accelerate? is it my transmission slipping?. i have new clutch installed in my car.the pedal feels normal.. its just when the weather is really hot like 90 and when i step on the gas to pass someone on the freeway the rpm shoots up really high up to 5k but the car is not accelerating at all. oh and my car has 160k mileage on it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: do i need a new transmission?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-10-09 02:50 AM, #1
RE: do i need a new transmission?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-10-09 05:15 AM, #2
      RE: do i need a new transmission?, Tuxdreamerx, Sep-10-09 02:09 PM, #3
           RE: do i need a new transmission?, repindpi, Sep-10-09 06:07 PM, #4
                RE: do i need a new transmission?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-10-09 10:55 PM, #5
                RE: do i need a new transmission?, repindpi, Sep-10-09 11:31 PM, #6
                RE: do i need a new transmission?, Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:02 PM, #7
                     RE: do i need a new transmission?, Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:04 PM, #8

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-10-09 02:50 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8160, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like a clutch issue

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-10-09 05:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8161, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
sounds like a clutch issue

Classic symptoms. How new is the clutch? Do you have an oil leak in there?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

TuxdreamerxSep-10-09 02:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#8163, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 2

How new is this clutch? I burned a clutch up on a :cough honda I had in 4k... But I drove it like an idiot... Could also be oil as mentioned.

repindpiSep-10-09 06:07 PM
3 posts,
#8164, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 3

the clutch is new but i didnt change the flywheel or resurface it. i had the clutch installed 2months ago. there is some oil near the transmission im not sure where it really is coz i havent raised my car yet to take a good look at it.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-10-09 10:55 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#8168, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 4

the clutch on a 2gnt is a modular clutch. That means the flywheel is a part of the clutch. now if yours has been converted to a non modular then that is possible. ALL 2GNT's were modualr from the factory.

repindpiSep-10-09 11:31 PM
3 posts,
#8169, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 5

o yea i forgot about that!

MattienortonDec-13-09 09:02 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8356, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by repindpi
the clutch is new but i didnt change the flywheel or resurface it. i had the clutch installed 2months ago. there is some oil near the transmission im not sure where it really is coz i havent raised my car yet to take a good look at it.

to me it sounds like you might be spraying oil at high rpms... make sure you CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL!!!

Im talking about tranny oil.

Gear Oil.

Might save you your tranny to check it.

Either that or you clutch is burning or something got installed wrong.

Check the fluid first and make sure you are using the correct weight, and correct factory spec oil. Your synchro's might be slipping at the higher rpms due to failure. This is how mine ended up going BOOM. and Totally shredding what was left of the tranny gears and clutch. It even tore up my throw out bearing if you can believe that.

MattienortonDec-13-09 09:04 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8357, "RE: do i need a new transmission?"
In response to Reply # 7

Oh yea you should be using GL4 rated oil, and the correct weight should be, 75w90 not the higher 90w140 crap. its far far to thick for our transmissions and puts an extra pressure load that is not needed... unless of course you are using it for solely track racing purposes.

Always go with the OEM recomended. That is 75w90. Trust me on this. It might run you 20-25 a quart, but you only need 2.1 quarts.. not bad for 50 bucks... or 600-2000 for a new trans.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8159 Previous topic | Next topic