Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectdo i need a new transmission?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=8159
8159, do i need a new transmission?
Posted by repindpi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What can cause of high RPM but car does not accelerate? is it my transmission slipping?. i have new clutch installed in my car.the pedal feels normal.. its just when the weather is really hot like 90 and when i step on the gas to pass someone on the freeway the rpm shoots up really high up to 5k but the car is not accelerating at all. oh and my car has 160k mileage on it.
8160, RE: do i need a new transmission?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sounds like a clutch issue
8161, RE: do i need a new transmission?
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
sounds like a clutch issue

Classic symptoms. How new is the clutch? Do you have an oil leak in there?

8163, RE: do i need a new transmission?
Posted by Tuxdreamerx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How new is this clutch? I burned a clutch up on a :cough honda I had in 4k... But I drove it like an idiot... Could also be oil as mentioned.
8164, RE: do i need a new transmission?
the clutch is new but i didnt change the flywheel or resurface it. i had the clutch installed 2months ago. there is some oil near the transmission im not sure where it really is coz i havent raised my car yet to take a good look at it.
8168, RE: do i need a new transmission?
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the clutch on a 2gnt is a modular clutch. That means the flywheel is a part of the clutch. now if yours has been converted to a non modular then that is possible. ALL 2GNT's were modualr from the factory.
8169, RE: do i need a new transmission?
o yea i forgot about that!
8356, RE: do i need a new transmission?
Posted by Mattienorton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by repindpi
the clutch is new but i didnt change the flywheel or resurface it. i had the clutch installed 2months ago. there is some oil near the transmission im not sure where it really is coz i havent raised my car yet to take a good look at it.

to me it sounds like you might be spraying oil at high rpms... make sure you CHECK YOUR OIL LEVEL!!!

Im talking about tranny oil.

Gear Oil.

Might save you your tranny to check it.

Either that or you clutch is burning or something got installed wrong.

Check the fluid first and make sure you are using the correct weight, and correct factory spec oil. Your synchro's might be slipping at the higher rpms due to failure. This is how mine ended up going BOOM. and Totally shredding what was left of the tranny gears and clutch. It even tore up my throw out bearing if you can believe that.
8357, RE: do i need a new transmission?
Posted by Mattienorton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh yea you should be using GL4 rated oil, and the correct weight should be, 75w90 not the higher 90w140 crap. its far far to thick for our transmissions and puts an extra pressure load that is not needed... unless of course you are using it for solely track racing purposes.

Always go with the OEM recomended. That is 75w90. Trust me on this. It might run you 20-25 a quart, but you only need 2.1 quarts.. not bad for 50 bucks... or 600-2000 for a new trans.
I generated this page in 0.010701179504395 seconds, executing 7 queries.