Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7976
View in linear mode

Subject: "trans go BOOM!" Previous topic | Next topic
rshisslerJun-29-09 01:47 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2008
172 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7976, "trans go BOOM!"

Anyone every see this before?

Had this happen to me on friday night. I was coming down a road, pushed the clutch in and downshifted into 3rd coasted for alittle then pushed the clutch in and shifted in Netrual and left the clutch out and bite the steering wheel lol. Just wondering what you all think casued this. From what we can figure the kid before me did alot of reverse into 1st burnouts and me actually adding power to car and puttin stress on it from lauchin at the drag strip, it finally gave out and came out lol.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: trans go BOOM!, bzoss, Jun-30-09 12:19 PM, #1
RE: trans go BOOM!, rshissler, Jun-30-09 03:48 PM, #2
      RE: trans go BOOM!, bzoss, Jun-30-09 08:26 PM, #3
           RE: trans go BOOM!, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-30-09 09:56 PM, #4
                RE: trans go BOOM!, rshissler, Jun-30-09 10:11 PM, #5
                     RE: trans go BOOM!, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-30-09 10:39 PM, #6
                          RE: trans go BOOM!, Babbz413, Jul-03-09 10:11 PM, #7
                               RE: trans go BOOM!, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-06-09 04:19 PM, #8
                                    RE: trans go BOOM!, rshissler, Jul-06-09 11:22 PM, #9
                                    RE: trans go BOOM!, 420AYE, Aug-04-09 05:23 PM, #10
                                         RE: trans go BOOM!, 95_ESi_Person, Nov-11-09 12:03 PM, #11
                                              RE: trans go BOOM!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-11-09 01:55 PM, #12
                                                   RE: trans go BOOM!, Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 08:48 PM, #13

bzossJun-30-09 12:19 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7985, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 0

picture?

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rshisslerJun-30-09 03:48 PM
172 posts,
#7991, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 1

didn't eve realize they didn't load:

bzossJun-30-09 08:26 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
298 posts,
#7992, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 2

Holy #$^%%#$^!!!!!

Truely amazing... I hope I never see that again, ever..

Built block.
Refinished head.
Tuned suspension.
TURBO.

420agreenvilleSCJun-30-09 09:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7993, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 3

good god. what the fuck caused that. a damn huge rock inside the trans??? jeeez. for real, wtf caused it? that is NOT normal.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

rshisslerJun-30-09 10:11 PM
172 posts,
#7994, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 4

well when i went to pick up my new trans from a guy i found out he was a tech at a mitsu dealer so i showed him the trans. He said he's seen it before and its because of doing burn outs and one wheel peels at take off. He said the pin inside the diff gets overheated and over time becomes brittel and then it finally snaps and yea severything goes flying from there. Kinda kool to me lol sucked at the time but awsome now that i look at it lol.

420agreenvilleSCJun-30-09 10:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7995, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 5

ohhhhhhhh the diff pin. yea, thatll do it. too bad it didn't have diff pin brackets, it would've prevented it. hey, it happens.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Babbz413Jul-03-09 10:11 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#8011, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 6

my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.

RoninEclipse2GJul-06-09 04:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#8013, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Babbz413
my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.

You're lucky it didn't fly through the firewall and take you out too. I've seen it happen.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

rshisslerJul-06-09 11:22 PM
172 posts,
#8014, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by Babbz413 my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.
You're lucky it didn't fly through the firewall and take you out too. I've seen it happen.

same thing my mom said lol

420AYEAug-04-09 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#8103, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by Babbz413 my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.

Were u shotgun or somethin? XD

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

95_ESi_PersonNov-11-09 12:03 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#8311, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by 420AYE
Were u shotgun or somethin? XD

Isn't there a video out there of a 1G with a flywheel coming apart going down a drag strip? Back when the scatter shield discussions were going on.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-11-09 01:55 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#8312, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 11

Typical diff pin failure. Prolly just dumb luck

MattienortonDec-13-09 08:48 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8351, "RE: trans go BOOM!"
In response to Reply # 12

HOLY FUCK...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!

Heard mine go boom 3 weeks ago.. i was shitting bricks to even get out and crawl under the car to look at it.

Whew i was soo happy this didn't happen.

Sorry for your misfortune, hope you got it fixed!

I have a tranny i could sell you, its the one i dropped, not too sure of the synchros yet and what state they are in, but might last you a lil while. I got a new one swapped out with a new clutch, actually finishing the install tonight and tomorrow morning.

Anyone interested, pm me and i'll send pictures after i get it out and clean it up.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7976 Previous topic | Next topic