Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjecttrans go BOOM!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7976
7976, trans go BOOM!
Posted by rshissler, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Anyone every see this before?

Had this happen to me on friday night. I was coming down a road, pushed the clutch in and downshifted into 3rd coasted for alittle then pushed the clutch in and shifted in Netrual and left the clutch out and bite the steering wheel lol. Just wondering what you all think casued this. From what we can figure the kid before me did alot of reverse into 1st burnouts and me actually adding power to car and puttin stress on it from lauchin at the drag strip, it finally gave out and came out lol.
7985, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
picture?
7991, RE: trans go BOOM!
didn't eve realize they didn't load:

7992, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by bzoss, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Holy #$^%%#$^!!!!!

Truely amazing... I hope I never see that again, ever..
7993, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good god. what the fuck caused that. a damn huge rock inside the trans??? jeeez. for real, wtf caused it? that is NOT normal.
7994, RE: trans go BOOM!
well when i went to pick up my new trans from a guy i found out he was a tech at a mitsu dealer so i showed him the trans. He said he's seen it before and its because of doing burn outs and one wheel peels at take off. He said the pin inside the diff gets overheated and over time becomes brittel and then it finally snaps and yea severything goes flying from there. Kinda kool to me lol sucked at the time but awsome now that i look at it lol.
7995, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ohhhhhhhh the diff pin. yea, thatll do it. too bad it didn't have diff pin brackets, it would've prevented it. hey, it happens.
8011, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by Babbz413, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.
8013, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Babbz413
my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.

You're lucky it didn't fly through the firewall and take you out too. I've seen it happen.
8014, RE: trans go BOOM!
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by Babbz413 my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.
You're lucky it didn't fly through the firewall and take you out too. I've seen it happen.

same thing my mom said lol
8103, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by Babbz413 my tranny did the same exact thing in february. i havent been able to get pics up yet. mine was worse than that.clutch blew out the tranny towards the front of the car. shards blew apart my radiator fan and radiator. cut the ground wire...now have a tranny with 0 miles scored from someone who worked at a chrysler dealership. scored that for 200.

Were u shotgun or somethin? XD
8311, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by 95_ESi_Person, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420AYE
Were u shotgun or somethin? XD

Isn't there a video out there of a 1G with a flywheel coming apart going down a drag strip? Back when the scatter shield discussions were going on.
8312, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Typical diff pin failure. Prolly just dumb luck
8351, RE: trans go BOOM!
Posted by Mattienorton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
HOLY FUCK...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!

Heard mine go boom 3 weeks ago.. i was shitting bricks to even get out and crawl under the car to look at it.

Whew i was soo happy this didn't happen.

Sorry for your misfortune, hope you got it fixed!

I have a tranny i could sell you, its the one i dropped, not too sure of the synchros yet and what state they are in, but might last you a lil while. I got a new one swapped out with a new clutch, actually finishing the install tonight and tomorrow morning.

Anyone interested, pm me and i'll send pictures after i get it out and clean it up.
I generated this page in 0.010416030883789 seconds, executing 7 queries.