Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7893
View in linear mode

Subject: "speed sensor" Previous topic | Next topic
wordsarizeJun-03-09 09:48 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2008
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7893, "speed sensor"

any1 know of a site i can get a new speed sensor for a 97 tranny? its the one with the round terminals... the ones ive seen look like im supposed to take the gears off the old 1 n put it on the new 1.. is that right?

im just not sure if the gears on my old is whats wrong with it...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TuxdreamerxJun-07-09 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7909, "RE: speed sensor"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by wordsarize
any1 know of a site i can get a new speed sensor for a 97 tranny? its the one with the round terminals... the ones ive seen look like im supposed to take the gears off the old 1 n put it on the new 1.. is that right? im just not sure if the gears on my old is whats wrong with it...

Autoparts store such as autozone.. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Engine+Management&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=cat30067¤tPage=1&filterByKeyWord=speed+sensor&isSearchByPartNumber=false&navValue=15900430&categoryNValue=15999999&fromWhere=&itemId=prod60533&displayName=Vehicle+Speed+Sensor&searchText=speed+sensor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSM-ZEROJun-26-09 08:42 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
62 posts,
#7971, "RE: speed sensor"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by wordsarize
any1 know of a site i can get a new speed sensor for a 97 tranny? its the one with the round terminals... the ones ive seen look like im supposed to take the gears off the old 1 n put it on the new 1.. is that right? im just not sure if the gears on my old is whats wrong with it...

whicg speed sensor is the one with flat terminal??? what year dose that one go too??

661hp & 463tq Worlds highest hp 2gnt soon to be the fastest

99frankensteinJul-13-09 12:49 AM
Member since Jul 08th 2009
17 posts,
#8024, "RE: speed sensor"
In response to Reply # 2

i've been trying to just find the gear part for my speed sensor. all the online stores seem to stock the sensor without the gear. i tested my speed sensor by hooking it up to a cordless drill (got it to show 40mph without moving LOL). when i looked inside the black plastic gear that sits at the end of the speed sensor it looked like the inside was stripped out. any advice?

420agreenvilleSCJul-13-09 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#8025, "RE: speed sensor"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-13-09 09:40 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by 99frankenstein
i've been trying to just find the gear part for my speed sensor. all the online stores seem to stock the sensor without the gear. i tested my speed sensor by hooking it up to a cordless drill (got it to show 40mph without moving LOL). when i looked inside the black plastic gear that sits at the end of the speed sensor it looked like the inside was stripped out. any advice?

chrysler P/N = 4797316
Mitsubishi P/N = M04797316

you can also order it from chrysler parts direct, or I have a spare I can sell you.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

MattienortonDec-13-09 09:23 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8362, "RE: speed sensor"
In response to Reply # 4

anyone know if its cheaper from chrysler?

what about buying it from dodge? i've heard a few people have done this as well.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7893 Previous topic | Next topic