Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectspeed sensor
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7893
7893, speed sensor
Posted by wordsarize, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
any1 know of a site i can get a new speed sensor for a 97 tranny? its the one with the round terminals... the ones ive seen look like im supposed to take the gears off the old 1 n put it on the new 1.. is that right?

im just not sure if the gears on my old is whats wrong with it...
7909, RE: speed sensor
Posted by Tuxdreamerx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by wordsarize
any1 know of a site i can get a new speed sensor for a 97 tranny? its the one with the round terminals... the ones ive seen look like im supposed to take the gears off the old 1 n put it on the new 1.. is that right? im just not sure if the gears on my old is whats wrong with it...

Autoparts store such as autozone.. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Engine+Management&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=cat30067¤tPage=1&filterByKeyWord=speed+sensor&isSearchByPartNumber=false&navValue=15900430&categoryNValue=15999999&fromWhere=&itemId=prod60533&displayName=Vehicle+Speed+Sensor&searchText=speed+sensor
7971, RE: speed sensor
Posted by DSM-ZERO, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by wordsarize
any1 know of a site i can get a new speed sensor for a 97 tranny? its the one with the round terminals... the ones ive seen look like im supposed to take the gears off the old 1 n put it on the new 1.. is that right? im just not sure if the gears on my old is whats wrong with it...

whicg speed sensor is the one with flat terminal??? what year dose that one go too??

8024, RE: speed sensor
Posted by 99frankenstein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i've been trying to just find the gear part for my speed sensor. all the online stores seem to stock the sensor without the gear. i tested my speed sensor by hooking it up to a cordless drill (got it to show 40mph without moving LOL). when i looked inside the black plastic gear that sits at the end of the speed sensor it looked like the inside was stripped out. any advice?
8025, RE: speed sensor
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 99frankenstein
i've been trying to just find the gear part for my speed sensor. all the online stores seem to stock the sensor without the gear. i tested my speed sensor by hooking it up to a cordless drill (got it to show 40mph without moving LOL). when i looked inside the black plastic gear that sits at the end of the speed sensor it looked like the inside was stripped out. any advice?

chrysler P/N = 4797316
Mitsubishi P/N = M04797316

you can also order it from chrysler parts direct, or I have a spare I can sell you.
8362, RE: speed sensor
Posted by Mattienorton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anyone know if its cheaper from chrysler?

what about buying it from dodge? i've heard a few people have done this as well.
I generated this page in 0.0097451210021973 seconds, executing 7 queries.