Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7740
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tranny Removal?" Previous topic | Next topic
Babbz413Mar-24-09 12:58 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7740, "Tranny Removal?"

hey how many of you die harders have actually used the write up on the removal of our trannys with a successful ending without much prior knowledge but the write up itself? estimate time? any common problems?

A guy will do it for me for 250. is it worth saving the hassle by paying?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tranny Removal?, 740 turbo brick, Mar-24-09 01:06 PM, #1
RE: Tranny Removal?, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-24-09 03:06 PM, #2
RE: Tranny Removal?, AdministratorCODE4, Mar-24-09 04:01 PM, #3
RE: Tranny Removal?, Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:32 PM, #5
RE: Tranny Removal?, 2G_Dad, Apr-26-09 05:56 PM, #4
RE: Tranny Removal?, Purpose, Dec-18-09 11:24 AM, #6
RE: Tranny Removal?, 420AYE, Feb-20-10 01:06 AM, #7

740 turbo brickMar-24-09 01:06 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7741, "RE: Tranny Removal?"
In response to Reply # 0

Here you go skip.. http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7666&mesg_id=7666&page=

Full write up on how to remove it. No need to pay someone to do it when it can be done yourself.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCMar-24-09 03:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#7742, "RE: Tranny Removal?"
In response to Reply # 1

not bad to do it yourself. Patience, tools, and you'll have it. I would do it myself if i were you. $250 could be used for damn groceries lol

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorCODE4Mar-24-09 04:01 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#7743, "RE: Tranny Removal?"
In response to Reply # 2

Heh or some gas money, more mods, etc.

---

2012 2500HD LML

MattienortonDec-13-09 09:32 PM
Member since Dec 12th 2009
31 posts,
#8368, "RE: Tranny Removal?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Here you go skip.. http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7666&mesg_id=7666&page= Full write up on how to remove it. No need to pay someone to do it when it can be done yourself.

just used the write up this week, very nicely done!

2G_DadApr-26-09 05:56 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2007
108 posts,
#7803, "RE: Tranny Removal?"
In response to Reply # 0

I helped my son replace his clutch a year ago without the writeup. Mechanically, it wasn't bad at all. Trying to reposition the new trans took a combination of brute strength, finesse and several jacks, but it all worked out fine. If you have any mechanical aptitude and are fairly strong (or have some strong buddies) you should give it a try. The worst that could happen is you screw something up and have to pay to get it towed and fixed, but hopefully, you will be proud of doing the job yourself and saving a bunch of money. By the way, son just pulled the trans again for a different problem. This time, he found a few friends and did it without me. Good luck.

PurposeDec-18-09 11:24 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2009
42 posts,
#8382, "RE: Tranny Removal?"
In response to Reply # 0

I used a write up for my neon. That is how I got into doing my own work. Dealer wanted $1200 just to source an mtx, not including the labor for the install. I did my outside with hand tools in the snow. Eight days and it was done. Takes 4-6 hours now.

Banned

420AYEFeb-20-10 01:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#8408, "RE: Tranny Removal?"
In response to Reply # 6

I come back and visit this site every once in a long time... but I can tell ya that removing the transmission isn't really all that hard... But I strongly suggest checking your CV boots and all that stuff before you do it that way if you need to fix or change something, you can do it when its out. Its not something you want to DIY more than you have to, if not more than once period. I knew not a lot about transmissions and with a TON Of help on this forum, and specifically picking Dino's brain, I was able to remove my transmission, rebuild it and put it all back together with very little money and virtually no tools. Took about a month however. Good luck, I will say I'll never touch the transmission again. I'll pay to have it towed and done for me before I tear my car and garage up like that again. Just me personally. Once your midway through the process, I felt like paying the money but you can't really just stop and say here I don't want to do it anymore.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7740 Previous topic | Next topic