Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectTranny Removal?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7740
7740, Tranny Removal?
Posted by Babbz413, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey how many of you die harders have actually used the write up on the removal of our trannys with a successful ending without much prior knowledge but the write up itself? estimate time? any common problems?

A guy will do it for me for 250. is it worth saving the hassle by paying?
7741, RE: Tranny Removal?
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here you go skip.. http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7666&mesg_id=7666&page=

Full write up on how to remove it. No need to pay someone to do it when it can be done yourself.
7742, RE: Tranny Removal?
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not bad to do it yourself. Patience, tools, and you'll have it. I would do it myself if i were you. $250 could be used for damn groceries lol
7743, RE: Tranny Removal?
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Heh or some gas money, more mods, etc.
8368, RE: Tranny Removal?
Posted by Mattienorton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Here you go skip.. http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7666&mesg_id=7666&page= Full write up on how to remove it. No need to pay someone to do it when it can be done yourself.

just used the write up this week, very nicely done!
7803, RE: Tranny Removal?
Posted by 2G_Dad, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I helped my son replace his clutch a year ago without the writeup. Mechanically, it wasn't bad at all. Trying to reposition the new trans took a combination of brute strength, finesse and several jacks, but it all worked out fine. If you have any mechanical aptitude and are fairly strong (or have some strong buddies) you should give it a try. The worst that could happen is you screw something up and have to pay to get it towed and fixed, but hopefully, you will be proud of doing the job yourself and saving a bunch of money. By the way, son just pulled the trans again for a different problem. This time, he found a few friends and did it without me. Good luck.
8382, RE: Tranny Removal?
Posted by Purpose, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used a write up for my neon. That is how I got into doing my own work. Dealer wanted $1200 just to source an mtx, not including the labor for the install. I did my outside with hand tools in the snow. Eight days and it was done. Takes 4-6 hours now.
8408, RE: Tranny Removal?
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I come back and visit this site every once in a long time... but I can tell ya that removing the transmission isn't really all that hard... But I strongly suggest checking your CV boots and all that stuff before you do it that way if you need to fix or change something, you can do it when its out. Its not something you want to DIY more than you have to, if not more than once period. I knew not a lot about transmissions and with a TON Of help on this forum, and specifically picking Dino's brain, I was able to remove my transmission, rebuild it and put it all back together with very little money and virtually no tools. Took about a month however. Good luck, I will say I'll never touch the transmission again. I'll pay to have it towed and done for me before I tear my car and garage up like that again. Just me personally. Once your midway through the process, I felt like paying the money but you can't really just stop and say here I don't want to do it anymore.
I generated this page in 0.0084941387176514 seconds, executing 7 queries.