Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7558
View in linear mode

Subject: "Repair / Replace Trans Advice 97 RS " Previous topic | Next topic
2G_DadDec-28-08 08:16 AM
Member since Aug 13th 2007
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7558, "Repair / Replace Trans Advice 97 RS "

Been a while since I've been here, but many moons ago, posted about problem that I believe is due to the "pins" on the clutch release arm coming loose. If you grab the external end of the clutch release arm from under the hood, it just flops around as if it is no longer attached to the clutch release (TOB) sleeve. Anyhow, finally getting around to repair options and wondering before I pull the trans again, what the odds are that something else is damaged in this trans and if I'd be better off looking for a cheap used unit to just swap and be done. If not, anyone have a junk trans that has a good clutch release arm and sleeve (CAPS diagram 21-010, PNC 20432A) they would sell cheap? Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

halfasss101Feb-07-09 06:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7651, "RE: Repair / Replace Trans Advice 97 RS "
In response to Reply # 0

If the TOB is not pressing against the fingers on the clutch correctly, it could ruin the clutch. My friend put a centerforce stage 4 in his mustang gt but the TOB wasn't on right and wasted his 600 bucks or something like that that he spent on it. Word to the wise, make sure the TOB is on the clutch forks correctly. Check that the sleeves on the TOB is on both fingers of the fork. I almost missed this on my friends miata. Good thing i caught it while doing final checks on everything.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7558 Previous topic | Next topic