Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectRepair / Replace Trans Advice 97 RS
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=7558
7558, Repair / Replace Trans Advice 97 RS
Posted by 2G_Dad, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Been a while since I've been here, but many moons ago, posted about problem that I believe is due to the "pins" on the clutch release arm coming loose. If you grab the external end of the clutch release arm from under the hood, it just flops around as if it is no longer attached to the clutch release (TOB) sleeve. Anyhow, finally getting around to repair options and wondering before I pull the trans again, what the odds are that something else is damaged in this trans and if I'd be better off looking for a cheap used unit to just swap and be done. If not, anyone have a junk trans that has a good clutch release arm and sleeve (CAPS diagram 21-010, PNC 20432A) they would sell cheap? Thanks.
7651, RE: Repair / Replace Trans Advice 97 RS
Posted by halfasss101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If the TOB is not pressing against the fingers on the clutch correctly, it could ruin the clutch. My friend put a centerforce stage 4 in his mustang gt but the TOB wasn't on right and wasted his 600 bucks or something like that that he spent on it. Word to the wise, make sure the TOB is on the clutch forks correctly. Check that the sleeves on the TOB is on both fingers of the fork. I almost missed this on my friends miata. Good thing i caught it while doing final checks on everything.
I generated this page in 0.01155686378479 seconds, executing 7 queries.