Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6880
View in linear mode

Subject: "manual transmission not shifting properly" Previous topic | Next topic
96eclipserstJan-08-08 05:40 PM
Member since May 02nd 2007
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6880, "manual transmission not shifting properly"
Jan-08-08 06:38 PM by 96eclipserst

Hello everyone,

i've noticed that ever since i had my old motor taken out, and my new motor put in, that the tranny began to shift poorly. i need to play with the shifter to get it to change gears. Yet no bolts are loose either on the shifter or the transmission. I believe my clutch bearings are shot because i hear them vibrating when i back off the throttle after revving, but could they be causing this behavior? i'm under the impression it's either that or the linkage... but nothing seems visibly wrong. Oh and by the way, when the car is shut off the shifter clicks into all gears just fine this problem only occurs with the car running.

please help me, this is a serious issue as just the other day i literally needed to get out of the car on a city street to push it into my driveway because i couldn't get it into reverse either.

- Thanks to all who try to help me.

"The car is only as fast as the driver is willing to go"

-Me (but im sure someone else has said it before)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

justins71Jan-10-08 11:25 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6891, "RE: manual transmission not shifting properly"
In response to Reply # 0

did you disconnect any of the clutch fluid lines when the motor was done? may have air... Also I found if you don't use the dealer fluid it can act stupid. I tried Synchromesh, 80-90W, and ATF and they all made it shift dumb as hell. Put $8/qt dealer oil in and it works like a charm.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-10-08 08:32 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#6892, "RE: manual transmission not shifting properly"
In response to Reply # 1

New venture recommended fluid is ATF+4 and unless the dealer has the old shit that they want to unload on you, that is what they will give you.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6880 Previous topic | Next topic