Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectmanual transmission not shifting properly
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=6880
6880, manual transmission not shifting properly
Posted by 96eclipserst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello everyone,

i've noticed that ever since i had my old motor taken out, and my new motor put in, that the tranny began to shift poorly. i need to play with the shifter to get it to change gears. Yet no bolts are loose either on the shifter or the transmission. I believe my clutch bearings are shot because i hear them vibrating when i back off the throttle after revving, but could they be causing this behavior? i'm under the impression it's either that or the linkage... but nothing seems visibly wrong. Oh and by the way, when the car is shut off the shifter clicks into all gears just fine this problem only occurs with the car running.

please help me, this is a serious issue as just the other day i literally needed to get out of the car on a city street to push it into my driveway because i couldn't get it into reverse either.

- Thanks to all who try to help me. :)
6891, RE: manual transmission not shifting properly
Posted by justins71, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
did you disconnect any of the clutch fluid lines when the motor was done? may have air... Also I found if you don't use the dealer fluid it can act stupid. I tried Synchromesh, 80-90W, and ATF and they all made it shift dumb as hell. Put $8/qt dealer oil in and it works like a charm.
6892, RE: manual transmission not shifting properly
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
New venture recommended fluid is ATF+4 and unless the dealer has the old shit that they want to unload on you, that is what they will give you.
I generated this page in 0.010730028152466 seconds, executing 7 queries.