Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6250
View in linear mode

Subject: "Axle and LSD Question" Previous topic | Next topic
Lowered96Mar-28-07 11:52 AM
Member since Apr 10th 2004
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6250, "Axle and LSD Question"

Hey guys,
I"ve done a whole ton of searching, e-mailed Driveshaft shop who told me to e-mail Sheppard racing and no neither of them can answer my question.

I'm currently building up a 420A 5spd and expecting about 400 chp. This is strictly a street car and Driveshaft shop told me their stage 2 axles will be perfect for my setup.
Now, I want to get a Quaife lsd, but no one can tell me if there will be any fitment problems between the axles and LSD.

Anyone currently running these together?

Thanks for the help guys.
Brian.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

talon749Mar-28-07 03:33 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6251, "RE: Axle and LSD Question"
In response to Reply # 0

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=5149&mode=full

Originally posted by baxsom
SO today I finally got my car back. During the reinstall my TOB was looking kinda rough so they replaced it. Other than that the Quaife went in perfectly with no problems. Performance. I havent really got on it yet but just driving it home. Smooth, very smooth. The neon tranny was completely rebuilt and it feels like it. The stage 2 axles from www.driveshaftshop.com went in perfect. Now I just cant wait to get this thing to the track and see what it can do with two wheels pulling. I am going to drive it for a week or so and let that diff and synchros wear in before I try to break any speed records.

he had is using the same LSD Read on!

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lowered96Mar-28-07 05:04 PM
31 posts,
#6253, "RE: Axle and LSD Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks man,
Been looking and looking and couldn't get a answer anywhere!

talon749Mar-28-07 05:56 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#6254, "RE: Axle and LSD Question"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Lowered96
Thanks man, Been looking and looking and couldn't get a answer anywhere!

no problem, good luck with it, that transmission should be strong as hell!

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-31-07 04:18 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#6259, "RE: Axle and LSD Question"
In response to Reply # 3

Wrong Baxom used the OBX LSD. If you want a quaife and DSS axles you will be fine, no fitment issues. Close friend on this site have the stage 5 DSS axles and a quaife with no issues either. Look up the ID Grain and shoot him an email.

Terry

Lowered96Apr-02-07 07:22 PM
31 posts,
#6263, "RE: Axle and LSD Question"
In response to Reply # 4

Ordered them today.
Suppose to have them in about a week or so.
However, I called the shop (which I've been trying to get into for the past year) today, and they were suppose to call me back to let me know if it's still ok to bring it in next week....never called me back.
But, gotta have the parts before you can do any work.

I also picked up my wastegate and fuel pump on Sat.
So now I've got my:
turbo timer
t3/t4 turbonetics turbo
turbosmart wastegate
e-manage
Hks bov
intercooler
walbro fuel pump
driveshaft shop stage 2s
quaife lsd

and an bunch of other stuff.

Still need alot more though..like pistons and rods!!!!

Thanks for the help guys

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6250 Previous topic | Next topic