Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4953
View in linear mode

Subject: "ut oh wtf could be wrong now...." Previous topic | Next topic
donnyb373Dec-20-05 02:19 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4953, "ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."

ok, this just recently started to happen, like ever since its been crazy cold here in MD. Anyway, when my car is bone cold, like when i start the bish up in the am, im getting this grinding chatter noise from the tranny, the clutch engages perfect, pedal feel fine everything seems ok, once the car warms up i dotn hear this noise anymore. I was leaning towards a throw out bearing but iono i thought id ask you guys for your opinions befor i dive into that....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., sike, Dec-20-05 05:09 PM, #1
RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., donnyb373, Dec-20-05 09:30 PM, #2
RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., Blizare, Dec-21-05 06:01 AM, #3
      RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., Talontaxi, Dec-29-05 04:51 PM, #8
RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-21-05 06:47 AM, #4
      RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., donnyb373, Dec-21-05 12:39 PM, #5
      RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-21-05 03:22 PM, #6
      RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., andy_sbclutch, Dec-29-05 11:06 AM, #7
           RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-30-05 05:56 AM, #9
                RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., donnyb373, Jan-02-06 11:34 PM, #10
                RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., andy_sbclutch, Jan-05-06 11:14 AM, #11
                     RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., FunRS, Jan-11-06 02:01 PM, #12
                          RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-12-06 06:36 AM, #13
                               RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., FunRS, Jan-12-06 08:07 AM, #14
                                    RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-12-06 12:15 PM, #15

sikeDec-20-05 05:09 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4954, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 0

If it is only when the clutch is depressed than it is very likely the TOB.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

donnyb373Dec-20-05 09:30 PM
1122 posts,
#4956, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 1

no its when the car is cold as ballsack with it witting in nuetral,

BlizareDec-21-05 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#4958, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 2

Have you checked your fluid lately?

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

TalontaxiDec-29-05 04:51 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
#5003, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Blizare
Have you checked your fluid lately?

He should probably check his ballsack to if its as cold as he describes it.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-21-05 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4959, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by sike
If it is only when the clutch is depressed than it is very likely the TOB.

Strike that, reverse it.

Sounds like a TOB to me.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

donnyb373Dec-21-05 12:39 PM
1122 posts,
#4962, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 4

grrrr, i so dont want to do the tob, lol, i might say fuggit till i can get my neon trans together....lol

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-21-05 03:22 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4963, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 5

I have pulled the trans in my black 97 3times now, trust me it will get to the point were its a 2.5 hour job to R&R the trans.

Good luck bud

Terry

andy_sbclutchDec-29-05 11:06 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2005
37 posts,
#5002, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by sike If it is only when the clutch is depressed than it is very likely the TOB.
Strike that, reverse it. Sounds like a TOB to me.

When the pedal is pushed the TOB is activated so if the TOB is bad it will show up when you push the pedal. In neutral with your foot off the pedal the front main brg is activated. That is most likely the noise you hear.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-30-05 05:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#5004, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by andy_sbclutch
Originally posted by sike If it is only when the clutch is depressed than it is very likely the TOB.
When the pedal is pushed the TOB is activated so if the TOB is bad it will show up when you push the pedal. In neutral with your foot off the pedal the front main brg is activated. That is most likely the noise you hear.

Yes, but it'll rattle when the clutch is not pressed if it is not sitting right in the fork. That's probably what he's hearing. it's more than common on these cars Andy.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

donnyb373Jan-02-06 11:34 PM
1122 posts,
#5010, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 9

im only hearing it when the clutch is not engaged and im sitting still, it happends mostly when its cold outside or when i first start the car in the morning.

andy_sbclutchJan-05-06 11:14 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2005
37 posts,
#5021, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by andy_sbclutch
Yes, but it'll rattle when the clutch is not pressed if it is not sitting right in the fork. That's probably what he's hearing. it's more than common on these cars Andy.

Experiance beats logic everytime

FunRSJan-11-06 02:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#5031, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 11

Mine is doing the same thing. But it makes the noise if i'm siting still or moving. but only dose it for a block or two. This is a rebilt unit so I'm wondering if a sycro is going bad. I've already ruled out the TB becasue the noise happen regardless if the clucth peadle is in or out. So any thougths on it would be nice. The trany shop I got it from whants to keep the car over night so thay can hear it. I really don't want to leave my car there but I may have to.

99 RS AEM Coldair intake
18x7 somethings
Phantom Tach W/Shift Light
A/F gauge
Kenwood KVT-512
Boston Acustic 6.5 up front& Fosgate 6.5 in back Alpine AMP MRV-F302 Pionner XM satellite radio
NX wet 50 shoot

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-12-06 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#5032, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 12

Synchros don't rattle.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

FunRSJan-12-06 08:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#5033, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 13

O.K. if syncros don't rattle then what is could it be? Or should I just keep driven the car until it breakes?

99 RS AEM Coldair intake
18x7 somethings
Phantom Tach W/Shift Light
A/F gauge
Kenwood KVT-512
Boston Acustic 6.5 up front& Fosgate 6.5 in back Alpine AMP MRV-F302 Pionner XM satellite radio
NX wet 50 shoot

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-12-06 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#5034, "RE: ut oh wtf could be wrong now...."
In response to Reply # 14

If it does it when its cold, but not when its hot, clutch in or out, its probably a bearing.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4953 Previous topic | Next topic