Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3279
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch doesn't work right...." Previous topic | Next topic
420AYEAug-06-04 08:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3279, "Clutch doesn't work right...."
Aug-06-04 08:02 PM by 420AYE

ok, i just put my tranny back in, i replaced master cyl, slave was fine, bleed the lines, and the clutch SORT OF stiffened up. so i put it in gear, let out the clutch, and you can hear something spinning or something inside my tranny somewhere... i dunno. but then, the pedel went to nothing and i can't get it into gear. it is in neutral when i start it obviously, but when i go to put it in gear, i can hear it bogg the engine down a bit. its a brand new stock sachs's clutch.

would i know if the TOB fell off inside the housing when i put it on? i was sorta afriad of that...

I can see the master cylinder moving too....im lost. i dunno if it moves enough thou.... is there any sort of adjustment on the slave cylinder to help engagement or anything?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Clutch doesn't work right...., grain, Aug-07-04 02:02 AM, #1
RE: Clutch doesn't work right...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-07-04 02:35 AM, #2
      RE: Clutch doesn't work right...., 420AYE, Aug-07-04 04:36 AM, #3
           RE: Clutch doesn't work right...., 420AYE, Aug-07-04 06:33 AM, #4
                RE: Clutch doesn't work right...., 420AYE, Aug-07-04 11:47 AM, #5
                     RE: Clutch doesn't work right...., ughhhead, Aug-08-04 10:14 AM, #6

grainAug-07-04 02:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3280, "RE: Clutch doesn't work right...."
In response to Reply # 0

master cylinder moving eh? its prolly the slave cyl. your talking about. prolly didnt bleed the line enough.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-07-04 02:35 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3281, "RE: Clutch doesn't work right...."
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah have someone watch the clutch fork as you exercise the cutch pedal, make sure its all moving. if the TOB fell of you would know it....no doubt about that.

Engien rpm 1000 cold start + TOB floating in bellhousing = shattered bellhousing...lol

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available

420AYEAug-07-04 04:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3282, "RE: Clutch doesn't work right...."
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-07-04 04:42 AM by 420AYE

i bleed the mother fucker. i've bleed my clutch before..
the slave moves about 1/2 inch in travel when the pedal is pushed. There is NOTHING behind the pedal.

My clutch feels like stepping in a fresh pile of shit, kind of mushy.

i'll keep bleeding. i had a guy pump the pedal about 10 times. while i bleed'er.

now after listening to my car, i can put it in gear, but when i let off the clutch, there is a slight change in engine tone, but nothing. and i can hear a noise...wtf? and i hear a knocking noise... it might be one of my cylinders...WTF....

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

420AYEAug-07-04 06:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3283, "RE: Clutch doesn't work right...."
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-07-04 07:12 AM by 420AYE

uhm. my speedometer works when i put it into gear and rev it a little... i had it at 25mph. uhhhhh???? are my axels like, not in right or something? i don't have leaks as far as i know...

EDIT: my axels turn, but my right wheel doesn't. the axel stops spinning right at the boot by the wheel. the axels is a bit crooked too. i think something slid off inside.

420AYEAug-07-04 11:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#3284, "RE: Clutch doesn't work right...."
In response to Reply # 4

ok guys, i finnally figured it out. its a little retainer clip that goes inside the cv boot and holds the axle in the knuckle thing. it is broken,and im getting a new one. but i got the wheel on without the clip, bolted some stuff down minor, and my car moves forwards and backwards....im stoked. give me a week, and i'll be runnin around like new.

ughhheadAug-08-04 10:14 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#3289, "RE: Clutch doesn't work right...."
In response to Reply # 5

this post makes me scared, lol. i'm about to do my clutch in a few days and i hope i do it well and don't forget anything or don't break anything. great job getting it all figured out though

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3279 Previous topic | Next topic