Go back to previous topic
Forum nameManual Trans - NV-T350
Topic subjectClutch doesn't work right....
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=3279
3279, Clutch doesn't work right....
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok, i just put my tranny back in, i replaced master cyl, slave was fine, bleed the lines, and the clutch SORT OF stiffened up. so i put it in gear, let out the clutch, and you can hear something spinning or something inside my tranny somewhere... i dunno. but then, the pedel went to nothing and i can't get it into gear. it is in neutral when i start it obviously, but when i go to put it in gear, i can hear it bogg the engine down a bit. its a brand new stock sachs's clutch.

would i know if the TOB fell off inside the housing when i put it on? i was sorta afriad of that...

I can see the master cylinder moving too....im lost. i dunno if it moves enough thou.... is there any sort of adjustment on the slave cylinder to help engagement or anything?
3280, RE: Clutch doesn't work right....
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
master cylinder moving eh? its prolly the slave cyl. your talking about. prolly didnt bleed the line enough.
3281, RE: Clutch doesn't work right....
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah have someone watch the clutch fork as you exercise the cutch pedal, make sure its all moving. if the TOB fell of you would know it....no doubt about that.

Engien rpm 1000 cold start + TOB floating in bellhousing = shattered bellhousing...lol

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges

97 Eclipse
Greddy header - Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available
3282, RE: Clutch doesn't work right....
i bleed the mother fucker. i've bleed my clutch before..
the slave moves about 1/2 inch in travel when the pedal is pushed. There is NOTHING behind the pedal.

My clutch feels like stepping in a fresh pile of shit, kind of mushy.

i'll keep bleeding. i had a guy pump the pedal about 10 times. while i bleed'er.

now after listening to my car, i can put it in gear, but when i let off the clutch, there is a slight change in engine tone, but nothing. and i can hear a noise...wtf? and i hear a knocking noise... it might be one of my cylinders...WTF....
3283, RE: Clutch doesn't work right....
uhm. my speedometer works when i put it into gear and rev it a little... i had it at 25mph. uhhhhh???? are my axels like, not in right or something? i don't have leaks as far as i know...

EDIT: my axels turn, but my right wheel doesn't. the axel stops spinning right at the boot by the wheel. the axels is a bit crooked too. i think something slid off inside.
3284, RE: Clutch doesn't work right....
ok guys, i finnally figured it out. its a little retainer clip that goes inside the cv boot and holds the axle in the knuckle thing. it is broken,and im getting a new one. but i got the wheel on without the clip, bolted some stuff down minor, and my car moves forwards and backwards....im stoked. give me a week, and i'll be runnin around like new.
3289, RE: Clutch doesn't work right....
Posted by ughhhead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
this post makes me scared, lol. i'm about to do my clutch in a few days and i hope i do it well and don't forget anything or don't break anything. great job getting it all figured out though :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.0077788829803467 seconds, executing 7 queries.