Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #895
View in linear mode

Subject: "whats up with my revs ??" Previous topic | Next topic
amljbsMay-17-03 06:11 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#895, "whats up with my revs ??"

Here is whats happening. I was driving on the interstate the other day and I had dropped the speed down to 60mph. Now this is usually a good spot for me to pull like mad to 70mph so I push the pedal to the floor and to my surprise the car goes to 75mph and revs to redline before shifting. The issue is that it seems to only do this every once in a while. My car is basically noly reving to about 6200 max about 90% of the time. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why it sometimes wants to rev all the way to redline and then others it wants to shift at 6200. By the way most times my car shifts at the same point with OD on or off.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: whats up with my revs ??, shuwa29, May-18-03 12:11 AM, #1
RE: whats up with my revs ??, python6586, May-18-03 04:10 AM, #2
      RE: whats up with my revs ??, amljbs, May-18-03 07:59 AM, #3
           RE: whats up with my revs ??, Dirty, May-18-03 01:31 PM, #4
                RE: whats up with my revs ??, shuwa29, May-18-03 08:34 PM, #5
                     RE: whats up with my revs ??, Dark Ringleader, May-19-03 05:19 AM, #6

shuwa29May-18-03 12:11 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#898, "RE: whats up with my revs ??"
In response to Reply # 0

i thought all the auto's were limited to about 6200 rpms? granted, i'm sure you can bust out 6400 here there but that's alot of strain on the tranny.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

python6586May-18-03 04:10 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#899, "RE: whats up with my revs ??"
In response to Reply # 1

the auto tranny is limited to 6464 rpms mine usually shifts at 6350 to 6400 but you'll never know exactly because you guages could be off a little. i got indiglos so maybe they dont match exactly with the stock layout so it seems like it shifts sooner. but to ur question maybe it shifts early because ur T.B isnt opening all the way so the throttle position sensor tells the tranny to shift earlier. take off ur intake have some1 floor (car off) and check to see if the Plate opens all the way

amljbsMay-18-03 07:59 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#900, "RE: whats up with my revs ??"
In response to Reply # 2

Ok I checked the throttle plate position and its perfectly horizontal no problem there. I went ahead and sprayed some throttle body cleaner through everything to make sure its not somehow sticking somewhat. Ill see how this goes and let you know. If anyone else has any ideas just let me know TIA.

1998 Eclipse GST

DirtyMay-18-03 01:31 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#904, "RE: whats up with my revs ??"
In response to Reply # 3
May-18-03 01:31 PM by Dirty

When I get my digital video recorder, I'm gonna post a vid on my car hitting 7K. It doesn't happen to often, but it does happen.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

shuwa29May-18-03 08:34 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#906, "RE: whats up with my revs ??"
In response to Reply # 4

you can put a 5 speed ecu on an automatic and while it's in neutral, you can rev it to 7,000 rpm's. i've actually seen this done but it didn't work while driving.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

Dark RingleaderMay-19-03 05:19 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#909, "RE: whats up with my revs ??"
In response to Reply # 5

I get that every now and then, also sometimes it won't even downshift at 60, the revs will just go up kinda mildly. My car is a bastard though and doesn't like listening to me so thats probably why.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #895 Previous topic | Next topic