Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectwhats up with my revs ??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=895
895, whats up with my revs ??
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Here is whats happening. I was driving on the interstate the other day and I had dropped the speed down to 60mph. Now this is usually a good spot for me to pull like mad to 70mph so I push the pedal to the floor and to my surprise the car goes to 75mph and revs to redline before shifting. The issue is that it seems to only do this every once in a while. My car is basically noly reving to about 6200 max about 90% of the time. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why it sometimes wants to rev all the way to redline and then others it wants to shift at 6200. By the way most times my car shifts at the same point with OD on or off.
898, RE: whats up with my revs ??
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i thought all the auto's were limited to about 6200 rpms? granted, i'm sure you can bust out 6400 here there but that's alot of strain on the tranny.
later
899, RE: whats up with my revs ??
Posted by python6586, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the auto tranny is limited to 6464 rpms mine usually shifts at 6350 to 6400 but you'll never know exactly because you guages could be off a little. i got indiglos so maybe they dont match exactly with the stock layout so it seems like it shifts sooner. but to ur question maybe it shifts early because ur T.B isnt opening all the way so the throttle position sensor tells the tranny to shift earlier. take off ur intake have some1 floor (car off) and check to see if the Plate opens all the way
900, RE: whats up with my revs ??
Posted by amljbs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok I checked the throttle plate position and its perfectly horizontal no problem there. I went ahead and sprayed some throttle body cleaner through everything to make sure its not somehow sticking somewhat. Ill see how this goes and let you know. If anyone else has any ideas just let me know TIA.
904, RE: whats up with my revs ??
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When I get my digital video recorder, I'm gonna post a vid on my car hitting 7K. :thumbsup It doesn't happen to often, but it does happen.
906, RE: whats up with my revs ??
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you can put a 5 speed ecu on an automatic and while it's in neutral, you can rev it to 7,000 rpm's. i've actually seen this done but it didn't work while driving.
later
909, RE: whats up with my revs ??
Posted by Dark Ringleader, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I get that every now and then, also sometimes it won't even downshift at 60, the revs will just go up kinda mildly. My car is a bastard though and doesn't like listening to me so thats probably why.
I generated this page in 0.009922981262207 seconds, executing 7 queries.