Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4569
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trans wont catch, fans dont start and air in the PS lines" Previous topic | Next topic
99MitsuEclipseGSMay-16-09 12:56 AM
Member since May 16th 2009
3 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4569, "Trans wont catch, fans dont start and air in the PS lines"

As the title states, my trans wont catch until around 4k and the fans wont even bother to turn on when the car warms up or the a/c is on and the PS pump sounds like its out but its pretty new and it looks like the pulley looks as if its wobbling. Could this be due to the fact that I had the pass side frame rail replaced and the shop had to remove the components on that side of the car to get to it and didnt put it back together right or could it be something else entirely?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

420agreenvilleSCMay-16-09 09:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4570, "RE: Trans wont catch, fans dont start and air in the PS lines"
In response to Reply # 0

possibly. Check the alignment between your crank pulley and ur PS pulley. Just eyeball it.

your fans aren't coming on because of another reason. Could be as simple as a bad connection on your plug going to the fan, could be a relay, you'll just have to start volting shit out w/ a meter.

on your trans, well i'm leaning toward its fucked/worn internally.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99MitsuEclipseGSMay-16-09 03:12 PM
3 posts,
#4571, "RE: Trans wont catch, fans dont start and air in the PS lines"
In response to Reply # 1

Well the thing is that it was in perfect running condition before it was wrecked so I am not sure that is what it is. I have been leaning towards it just not being bolted up all the way or something along those lines, but who knows could be something else entirely.

99MitsuEclipseGSJun-27-09 07:07 PM
3 posts,
#4579, "RE: Trans wont catch, fans dont start and air in the PS lines"
In response to Reply # 1

Ok so heres the deal guys I seriously need some help, I got the fans started up and the almost all of the air outta the PS lines but the trans still wont catch I have been talking with a couple guys over on Mitsu-Media and they think it could be a shift solenoid, but I can not find one for the life of me that wont take a couple days to get here and I need it like NOW!!! I have also been talking with my dad about it and he thinks it could be that when they replaced the passenger side frame rail they didnt get everything lined up correctly when they bolted up the trans again and its still not lined up right. Do you guys have any ideas besides the internals being FAWKED UP?

dalesmitsuJun-28-09 12:48 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#4580, "RE: Trans wont catch, fans dont start and air in the PS lines"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 99MitsuEclipseGS
Ok so heres the deal guys I seriously need some help, I got the fans started up and the almost all of the air outta the PS lines but the trans still wont catch I have been talking with a couple guys over on Mitsu-Media and they think it could be a shift solenoid, but I can not find one for the life of me that wont take a couple days to get here and I need it like NOW!!! I have also been talking with my dad about it and he thinks it could be that when they replaced the passenger side frame rail they didnt get everything lined up correctly when they bolted up the trans again and its still not lined up right. Do you guys have any ideas besides the internals being FAWKED UP?

If thhat solenoid is a trans. shift sensor by a chance try autozone or advance.

Look at the side rail with dad and try to aligned yourself cheap than have a shop do it.

Raise in the front the cross member and use a second jack put a soft towel on the round part so you dont dent the trans pan.

If the trans, is hanging there to line it up again would be similar method when replace the top passenger motor mount, bolt it back up it could be loose or missing a bolt or two.

The trans, catch problem could be a few things
1. starter is missing some teet and its not catching the plate,
2. could be that Flexplate is missing some teeth as well, the torque convertor is shot. If this would be it also, I would replace both.

Try, southbend I think they A604 torque convertors or do a search on Yahoo.com type the word A604 torque convertor or a604 for sale and it will show tons a of sites for your tranny.

3. You could be very low on atf Fluid, walmart carries supertech ATF for 2-3 bucks a quart, similar to the Mopar they stopped carrying.

I have same type tranny and read threads of what others go thru. common problems. Fluid is the last thing everyone suspects.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4569 Previous topic | Next topic