Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4456
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shift Kit Help!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
intimidator2003Aug-08-08 02:58 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2007
63 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4456, "Shift Kit Help!!!!"

Hi

I was just trying to install my shift kit I can seem to find the lR piece. Is that piece available only on certain models.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, foggy45, Aug-08-08 05:07 PM, #1
RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, intimidator2003, Aug-08-08 06:48 PM, #2
      RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, soulcontroller, Aug-08-08 08:01 PM, #3
      RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, intimidator2003, Aug-08-08 08:59 PM, #4
      RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, eklipz, Aug-09-08 07:25 AM, #5
           RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, intimidator2003, Aug-09-08 07:34 AM, #6
                RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-09-08 07:49 AM, #7
                     RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, dalesmitsu, Aug-09-08 03:05 PM, #8
                          RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, intimidator2003, Aug-10-08 10:35 AM, #9
                               RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, eklipz, Aug-10-08 05:50 PM, #10
                                    RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!, intimidator2003, Aug-10-08 06:58 PM, #11

foggy45Aug-08-08 05:07 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4457, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

which brand are you using?
are you doing a short shifter install or a busing install?

and a pic might help

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

intimidator2003Aug-08-08 06:48 PM
63 posts,
#4458, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I have auto transgo shift kit and the problem I have is one the ball fell out and I am not sure where it goes.

soulcontrollerAug-08-08 08:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#4459, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

hmm. it's been a while, I don't have any pictures of where they go though. I know there is a diagram somewhere... I don't even think I have the instructions to the kit anymore. I'll take a look and see if I have it somewhere.

intimidator2003Aug-08-08 08:59 PM
63 posts,
#4460, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-08-08 08:59 PM by intimidator2003

Soulcontroller If you could look that would be great because I am ready to reinstall everything but, I am worried that if I put the ball in the wrong place I could have problems.

eklipzAug-09-08 07:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
132 posts,
#4461, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by intimidator2003
I have auto transgo shift kit and the problem I have is one the ball fell out and I am not sure where it goes.

http://www.trimminc.com/brian/a604%20valve%20body.pdf

I hope this helps. Good luck on the install

95 Eclipse GS || Custom 9.6:1 JE Pistons || Eagle H-Beam Rods || MLS Headgasket || SBI Lifters || SBI adjusters || Fidanza Cam Gears || AFX Underdrive Pulley || Melling Oil Pump || 97 Front end Conversion || GTR Wing || MSD Ignition || Accel wires|| AEM Cold Air Intake || P&P intake manifold ||P&P Intake Ports || Jeep TB Mod || EGR Block off plates || NGK Plugs || Front/Rear/Lower Strut bars || VIS coilovers || Clear corners ||custom headliner || in dash LCD screen || PS2 || Eclipse CD player|| 18" Racing Hart C4 || B&M Transcooler || Final Drive Gears || Shift Kit || Energy Suspension Motor Mounts || Torque Converter Kill Switch || Solid front mount ||

intimidator2003Aug-09-08 07:34 AM
63 posts,
#4462, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Would the diagram work on a a604?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-09-08 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#4463, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Would the diagram work on a a604?

From the link title, it's an a604 diagram.

Moved to ATX forum...

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

dalesmitsuAug-09-08 03:05 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#4464, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by intimidator2003 Would the diagram work on a a604?
From the link title, it's an a604 diagram. Moved to ATX forum...

What does the transgo kit do, Does it make it the Auto shifter into a sport tap shift.

I have an Atx and I'm considering doing the MTX swap, its alright but I'm use to the mtx more plus I found a 2.4 Stratus motor from my uncles bodyshop, heard from my brother it ran strong but missing few parts and he's letting it go cheap. Checking it out tommorrow I'll snap a few pics of it.

Sorry about the hijack had to toss the 2.4 thing in there, Good luck with the install.

intimidator2003Aug-10-08 10:35 AM
63 posts,
#4465, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8
Aug-10-08 11:42 AM by intimidator2003

I just finished my shift kit install and I took the car for test drive and getting the error codes po700 and p0734 what could be the problem.

eklipzAug-10-08 05:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
132 posts,
#4467, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

I just finished my shift kit install and I took the car for test drive and getting the error codes po700 and p0734 what could be the problem.

Found this off a pt cruiser site:

P0700 -Transmission Control System

This is an informational DTC letting you know that a DTC(s) is stored in the Transmission Control Module, which can identified with a DRB III scan tool.

P0732 - Gear Ratio Error In 2nd

Possible Causes:

Related DTC's Present
Transmission Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly
Internal Transmission
Intermittent Gear Ratio Errors

P0734 - Gear Ratio Error In 4th

Possible Causes:

Related DTC's Present
Transmission Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly
Internal Transmission
Intermittent Gear Ratio Errors

Recheck your final drive gears and valve body and make sure everything is in place.

95 Eclipse GS || Custom 9.6:1 JE Pistons || Eagle H-Beam Rods || MLS Headgasket || SBI Lifters || SBI adjusters || Fidanza Cam Gears || AFX Underdrive Pulley || Melling Oil Pump || 97 Front end Conversion || GTR Wing || MSD Ignition || Accel wires|| AEM Cold Air Intake || P&P intake manifold ||P&P Intake Ports || Jeep TB Mod || EGR Block off plates || NGK Plugs || Front/Rear/Lower Strut bars || VIS coilovers || Clear corners ||custom headliner || in dash LCD screen || PS2 || Eclipse CD player|| 18" Racing Hart C4 || B&M Transcooler || Final Drive Gears || Shift Kit || Energy Suspension Motor Mounts || Torque Converter Kill Switch || Solid front mount ||

intimidator2003Aug-10-08 06:58 PM
63 posts,
#4468, "RE: Shift Kit Help!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10
Aug-10-08 09:19 PM by intimidator2003

If one of the balls in the valve body is placed incorrect would it cause those errors.

When I pull the shift rod out there like long little pipe with two rollers at the end when I put the shift rod back is there a specific place I put that piece.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4456 Previous topic | Next topic