Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4314
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..." Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuAug-23-07 11:10 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4314, "ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."

I've searched everwhere on the web and read threads here I kept coming up short,

Wheres a decent site with decnt prices for the Auto. trans Flywheels

Fidanza or Exidy are my two choices. There's nothing wron with my stocker but its original pretty rusty but still holds up alright, but would to buy head of time.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-24-07 06:29 AM, #1
RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., 97EagleTalon2nr, Aug-24-07 08:31 AM, #2
      RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., dalesmitsu, Aug-24-07 08:22 PM, #3
           RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., quicksilver99, Aug-27-07 02:59 PM, #4
           RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., dalesmitsu, Aug-27-07 08:53 PM, #7
                RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., Fallen4ng31, Sep-04-07 03:50 PM, #8
           RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., freelancefool, Aug-27-07 03:23 PM, #5
                RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., dalesmitsu, Aug-27-07 08:42 PM, #6
                     RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., mcgyvr, Sep-13-07 12:12 PM, #9
                          RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..., dalesmitsu, Sep-29-07 08:26 PM, #10

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-24-07 06:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4315, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 0

You don't have a flywheel.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97EagleTalon2nrAug-24-07 08:31 AM
Member since Oct 16th 2004
155 posts,
#4316, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 1

Its a flex plate and as far as I know no one makes them,I doubt you would see much if any of an improvement over stock since it doesnt work like a flywheel on a manual car.

Boostin'

dalesmitsuAug-24-07 08:22 PM
986 posts,
#4317, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 97EagleTalon2nr
Its a flex plate and as far as I know no one makes them,I doubt you would see much if any of an improvement over stock since it doesnt work like a flywheel on a manual car.

Damn, I guess I'm gonna have to do the MTX swap now Bummer

Oh mybad, I thought the starter spins the Flywheel/Flexplate to kick the engine. Yupp I'm a newb alright, my step said the starter spins the Flywheel. This was his words not mine lmao, I was like oh thats the Flywheel.

So, Automatics use Flexplates are they any Decent brands that makes them. I know there are Companies that make Flexplates so Don't say there isn't. You must be testing my knowledge,thats alright its all good.

quicksilver99Aug-27-07 02:59 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
#4319, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 3

check out this if ya really feel you need anything special.

http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=303

I have one and They fit both the auto tranny converter and the modular clutch.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

dalesmitsuAug-27-07 08:53 PM
986 posts,
#4322, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-27-07 08:54 PM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by quicksilver99
check out this if ya really feel you need anything special. http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=303 I have one and They fit both the auto tranny converter and the modular clutch.

Wow that's sure is shiny and purrty I could see myself it that lol

I'm not looking add extra gain Hp for my engine but having extra strong bullet proof,and working proper. Yup, my interals will swapped out for Forged parts and sure they'll be some gain increase.

I might or might not wanting add Hp to my engine, those who know me know.

" Would you all like Fries, to Go with your NOS " Instead the BK way it's More like the DSM WAY..

Fallen4ng31Sep-04-07 03:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#4324, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 7

You could always go lv10 with your torque converter. But you're gonna need lots of spare cash.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

freelancefoolAug-27-07 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#4320, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 3

Just leave the stock one in there unless you are missing teeth. There is no need to change it out for any performance gain.

My Blog

dalesmitsuAug-27-07 08:42 PM
986 posts,
#4321, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by freelancefool
Just leave the stock one in there unless you are missing teeth. There is no need to change it out for any performance gain.

Thats what I was thinking, Not missing any teeth but theyre brusied abit, but has surface rust on it.

I would check out HOWELL's, buy from them but I read alot of horror stories. Shipping taking too long or DSM peeps recieving the wrong parts.

CiMotorsports.net is pretty cool, I believe these guys plus Mach V are the only ones who Specailizes in our 420a motors, but they also work on other Imports

mcgyvrSep-13-07 12:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#4328, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 6

surface rust.. def. time to replace it.. ha ha ha...

and stay away from level 10.. there are many other TQ's you can get to go along with the new shiny flexplate.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

dalesmitsuSep-29-07 08:26 PM
986 posts,
#4332, "RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP..."
In response to Reply # 9
Sep-29-07 08:34 PM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by mcgyvr
surface rust.. def. time to replace it.. ha ha ha... and stay away from level 10.. there are many other TQ's you can get to go along with the new shiny flexplate.

yeah,yeah I know, I'm keeping my car NA this is kinda what I had planned but after reading another Fellow DSMer went 13's on a NA 420a motor with No turbo. I do this instead of going turbo just depends though but my 420a will be rebuilt. I live in a great area where I can get hold of good used engines 420a either Noen mtx or DSM mtx and possibly the The Beast 4G63 engine/tranny.
The time its a problem for me have plenty of time and patience but its the Bling...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4314 Previous topic | Next topic