Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=4314
4314, ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've searched everwhere on the web and read threads here I kept coming up short,

Wheres a decent site with decnt prices for the Auto. trans Flywheels

Fidanza or Exidy are my two choices. There's nothing wron with my stocker but its original pretty rusty but still holds up alright, but would to buy head of time.
4315, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You don't have a flywheel.
4316, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Posted by 97EagleTalon2nr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Its a flex plate and as far as I know no one makes them,I doubt you would see much if any of an improvement over stock since it doesnt work like a flywheel on a manual car.
4317, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Originally posted by 97EagleTalon2nr
Its a flex plate and as far as I know no one makes them,I doubt you would see much if any of an improvement over stock since it doesnt work like a flywheel on a manual car.

:cry Damn, I guess I'm gonna have to do the MTX swap now Bummer

Oh mybad, I thought the starter spins the Flywheel/Flexplate to kick the engine. Yupp I'm a newb alright, my step said the starter spins the Flywheel. This was his words not mine lmao, I was like oh thats the Flywheel.

So, Automatics use Flexplates are they any Decent brands that makes them. I know there are Companies that make Flexplates so Don't say there isn't. You must be testing my knowledge,thats alright its all good.

4319, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Posted by quicksilver99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
check out this if ya really feel you need anything special.

http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=303

I have one and They fit both the auto tranny converter and the modular clutch.
4322, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Originally posted by quicksilver99
check out this if ya really feel you need anything special. http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=303 I have one and They fit both the auto tranny converter and the modular clutch.

Wow that's sure is shiny and purrty I could see myself it that lol

I'm not looking add extra gain Hp for my engine but having extra strong bullet proof,and working proper. Yup, my interals will swapped out for Forged parts and sure they'll be some gain increase.

I might or might not wanting add Hp to my engine, those who know me know.

" Would you all like Fries, to Go with your NOS " Instead the BK way it's More like the DSM WAY..

4324, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You could always go lv10 with your torque converter. But you're gonna need lots of spare cash.
4320, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just leave the stock one in there unless you are missing teeth. There is no need to change it out for any performance gain.
4321, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Originally posted by freelancefool
Just leave the stock one in there unless you are missing teeth. There is no need to change it out for any performance gain.

Thats what I was thinking, Not missing any teeth but theyre brusied abit, but has surface rust on it.

I would check out HOWELL's, buy from them but I read alot of horror stories. Shipping taking too long or DSM peeps recieving the wrong parts.

CiMotorsports.net is pretty cool, I believe these guys plus Mach V are the only ones who Specailizes in our 420a motors, but they also work on other Imports
4328, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
surface rust.. def. time to replace it.. ha ha ha... :+

and stay away from level 10.. there are many other TQ's you can get to go along with the new shiny flexplate.
4332, RE: ATX, FlyWheel can't FIND them HEEEELP...
Originally posted by mcgyvr
surface rust.. def. time to replace it.. ha ha ha... :+ and stay away from level 10.. there are many other TQ's you can get to go along with the new shiny flexplate.

yeah,yeah :7 I know, I'm keeping my car NA this is kinda what I had planned but after reading another Fellow DSMer went 13's on a NA 420a motor with No turbo. I do this instead of going turbo just depends though but my 420a will be rebuilt. I live in a great area where I can get hold of good used engines 420a either Noen mtx or DSM mtx and possibly the The Beast 4G63 engine/tranny.
The time its a problem for me have plenty of time and patience but its the Bling...
I generated this page in 0.010365962982178 seconds, executing 7 queries.