Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3286
View in linear mode

Subject: "going to fire up the new (prototype) trans" Previous topic | Next topic
InFiNiT3Sep-08-04 11:22 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3286, "going to fire up the new (prototype) trans"

so guys imma fire it up this weekend wish me luck!For some reason i picture a terminal lockup lol

jake

02:19:18pm DarkOne> They'd have had to brought a whole fucking JUG of KY.
02:19:28pm InFiNiT3> lol no shit
02:19:39pm DarkOne> and a funnel.
02:19:45pm grain> have to get the ky with warming
02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper
02:20:06pm DarkOne> Yeah, has to be warming.
02:20:06pm BuckNutty> jus spit on it and it'll go in
02:20:17pm InFiNiT3> aye the ky w/ warming any good>
02:20:45pm grain> never tryed it
02:20:50pm grain> i applyed for a sample on thier website
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> evan didn't complain any
02:20:56pm BuckNutty> it felt nice
02:20:57pm InFiNiT3> lol
02:21:01pm grain> i use id glide whne she dries
02:21:06pm grain> good stuff
02:21:45pm InFiNiT3> thnx for the new sig guys
02:21:45pm DarkOne> Are we still talking about fucking dead chicks?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: going to fire up the new (prototype) trans, soulcontroller, Sep-08-04 05:57 PM, #1
RE: going to fire up the new (prototype) trans, DegreE, Sep-16-04 06:28 PM, #2
      RE: going to fire up the new (prototype) trans, Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-17-04 04:03 AM, #3
           IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, InFiNiT3, Sep-17-04 07:55 AM, #4
                RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-17-04 08:41 AM, #5
                RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, Keith2172, Oct-04-04 01:18 PM, #6
                     RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, InFiNiT3, Oct-10-04 12:14 PM, #7
                          RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, Keith2172, Jan-24-05 01:48 PM, #8
                               RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, InFiNiT3, Mar-03-05 10:15 AM, #9
                                    RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, Keith2172, Mar-08-05 06:24 AM, #10
                                         RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, Dark Ringleader, Mar-15-05 05:33 PM, #11
                                              RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, freelancefool, May-04-05 08:43 PM, #12
                                                   RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, InFiNiT3, May-04-05 09:15 PM, #13
                                                        RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, silvreclipsers, May-06-05 07:25 PM, #14
                                                             RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!, soulcontroller, May-07-05 05:02 AM, #15
                                                                  IT"S ALIVE!!!!!srry to say im selling it :(, InFiNiT3, May-12-05 10:20 AM, #16
                                                                       RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!srry to say im selling it :(, soulcontroller, May-13-05 10:47 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!srry to say im selling it :(, InFiNiT3, May-15-05 09:26 AM, #18

soulcontrollerSep-08-04 05:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3287, "RE: going to fire up the new (prototype) trans"
In response to Reply # 0

good luck.

im sure youll let us all know how it goes...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DegreESep-16-04 06:28 PM
Member since Jul 04th 2004
303 posts,
#3298, "RE: going to fire up the new (prototype) trans"
In response to Reply # 1

prototype????

whats special about it?

<--This is our god... god decides our fate. We shall not upset our god. God can and will ruin our lives if we were to upset him.

OBX 4-1 Ceramic Coated Headder, EGR Block-off kit, Howell 30% Underdrive pulley, EBay Cold-Air Intake, Holley Air Mass CatBack Exhaust System: 2.5" pipe w/ 5" tip

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-17-04 04:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#3299, "RE: going to fire up the new (prototype) trans"
In response to Reply # 2

Good luck bro, let us know!

Rebuild FINISHED!
VT 2.0 Shortblock
Built head by ERT, Crower stage 2 cams
Fidanza adj. cam gears
port matched intake manifold
High stall torque converter
Transgo Shift kit
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
GSX dual piston calipers

InFiNiT3Sep-17-04 07:55 AM
732 posts,
#3300, "IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

It is done!!! tranny shifts great threw all of the gears (including OD) only problem i see is downshifting very hard.... (most likely just a fluid issue.... imma start finishing up the write up this weekend. Car feels very strang tho compared to the stock trans. Whats so starnge about it is that the car feels as if there is some sort of major resistance. Gears feel as if they are lasting longer between shifts which really upset me untill i looked at the speedo. And i noticed how much faster i was going at a lower rpm than stock. I still need to do a lil break in to get the exact shift points for you guys... but i think you'll be impressed. Also the take off speeds are strang but thats due to the high stall TC. Also the high pressure pump i would also like to get into and get some readings.... see if the pressure varied from stock (which could also be related to the hard shifting) I am not getting any types of cells (which is a good thing). However im starting to work for satan on monday and can re-flash and play a lil more with all thier toys i just hope the have a tranny pressure gauge there... hmmmmmmmm:)... anyway just wanted to give you guys the heads up. feel free to email me if u have any questions..

thanks
jake

02:20:00pm InFiNiT3> i feel sorry for the 18 y/o (one was 17 one 18) his name was plaster'd all over the news n news paper

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-17-04 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#3301, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

When I filled my tranny back up with fluid it had hard shifts/downshifts for a few days until the fluid was running through everything well. I would run through R, N, D, back and forth allowing for fluid to fill up inside. As for the strange takeoffs, I have a high stall torque converter...around(3200-3500 stall) and it revs up than bam...goes, it takes off nice once it hits the stall though.

Rebuild FINISHED!
VT 2.0 Shortblock
Built head by ERT, Crower stage 2 cams
Fidanza adj. cam gears
port matched intake manifold
High stall torque converter
Transgo Shift kit
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
GSX dual piston calipers

Keith2172Oct-04-04 01:18 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#3318, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by InFiNiT3
It is done!!! tranny shifts great threw all of the gears (including OD) only problem i see is downshifting very hard.... (most likely just a fluid issue.... imma start finishing up the write up this weekend. Car feels very strang tho compared to the stock trans. Whats so starnge about it is that the car feels as if there is some sort of major resistance. Gears feel as if they are lasting longer between shifts which really upset me untill i looked at the speedo. And i noticed how much faster i was going at a lower rpm than stock. I still need to do a lil break in to get the exact shift points for you guys... but i think you'll be impressed. Also the take off speeds are strang but thats due to the high stall TC. Also the high pressure pump i would also like to get into and get some readings.... see if the pressure varied from stock (which could also be related to the hard shifting) I am not getting any types of cells (which is a good thing). However im starting to work for satan on monday and can re-flash and play a lil more with all thier toys i just hope the have a tranny pressure gauge there... hmmmmmmmm:)... anyway just wanted to give you guys the heads up. feel free to email me if u have any questions.. thanks jake

Any new updates? What was total cost?

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

InFiNiT3Oct-10-04 12:14 PM
732 posts,
#3328, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

total cost was about 750$ with fluid and misc tools.... tranny's strong pulls great in the low end and revs nicly in the 3-4 gears...this nicest thing ive noticed was that instead of dropping to 2200 rpm when it shifts into 4t from 3rd it now only drops to 3200 rpm.... big diff. makes it pull a lil better.... i could see with that the turbos would get a much better benifit that I being a tru NT. My pump seal went tho... so im currently pulling the motor to fix it (easier) when i had hueghs make me a high volume pump i forgot to take into concideration that the stocks seals would go... oh well lol
im still working on the write up... its huge so i may have to put it in adobe acrobat... which will take more time. if u guys have any more ques email me wonderrecords@msn.com

jake

Keith2172Jan-24-05 01:48 PM
1281 posts,
#3492, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

Holy resurected post!!!

How is the tranny now, any updates? Is it still living? Does it rock? Any new tid-bits of information, I gotta know. Can that pump be bought or is it a special order type deal?

InFiNiT3Mar-03-05 10:15 AM
732 posts,
#3525, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

wow this post lives!!!! lol
ya u can order the pump from hueghs (think that is how its spelled)
as for the tras....... its fucking awsome
down shifts are a lil rough still playing w/ that but besides that.... ive never had a trans that can chirp into 3rd lol im still working on a write -up /parts list. if u have any ques hit me up on aim or msn

jake *the atx god*

Keith2172Mar-08-05 06:24 AM
1281 posts,
#3531, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

Chirps THIRD?!?!?!! me/drools want so bad, make write-up, r god, mmm donuts

Dark RingleaderMar-15-05 05:33 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#3532, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

Sound's like abeast there bucko.

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

freelancefoolMay-04-05 08:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#3582, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

Even though this is an older post, I am still interested in what you have done. I am debating as to whether I should keep my auto or do the 5spd swap. Eventually I would like to boost and am curious to know how this holds up.

My Blog

InFiNiT3May-04-05 09:15 PM
732 posts,
#3583, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

oh it will hold up great with boost... however due to maitnace costs of this bad boy id go with a stick... unless ur stuck in traffic all the damn time ~

however i did have to drop the trans again ... pump wasnt strong enouph... for some reason either that or was starting to take a shit b4 i did my tear down. That and also busted the front thrust berring. no big deal and would be done if my ACL wasnt torn all to hell but anyway.. i have no complaints and after my TCM "quick-learn" ill get it on the track and run #'s for everyone..... I have the b4 slips... cant wait to see the after ones

p.s- Everyone knows that if they need parts to give me a call rite?i get an incredible "satan" discount now since i made master tech.

MrInFiNiT3
aka
THA ATX GOD

silvreclipsersMay-06-05 07:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#3587, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by InFiNiT3
i get an incredible "satan" discount now since i made master tech.

how bout the final drive mod gears, can you get those for cheap?

soulcontrollerMay-07-05 05:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#3588, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!Experiment a success!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

bob kise can.

InFiNiT3May-12-05 10:20 AM
732 posts,
#3589, "IT"S ALIVE!!!!!srry to say im selling it :("
In response to Reply # 15
May-12-05 11:11 AM by InFiNiT3

I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE SELLING THIS TRANS in an attempt to adapt the crossfire 6spd.. let me know if anyone is interested... looking at about 2400$ shipped anywhere in the u.s.

All DETAILS ARE IN THE FORSALE/TRADE FORUMS

*THA ATX GOD*
InFiNiT3

soulcontrollerMay-13-05 10:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#3591, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!srry to say im selling it :("
In response to Reply # 16

is it not all its cracked up to be or something?

InFiNiT3May-15-05 09:26 AM
732 posts,
#3592, "RE: IT"S ALIVE!!!!!srry to say im selling it :("
In response to Reply # 17

naw bro i love it......its just that ive done it... it works awsome and now i wanna do somthing else lol. Plus I get credit for my automotive engineering internship for anything i get to complete that hasn't been done b4.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3286 Previous topic | Next topic