Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1824
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!" Previous topic | Next topic
1998EclipseRSAug-27-03 08:52 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1824, "Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"

So I decide to do the Torque Converter MOD...
I got the switch and all the wiring done on the switch part... so now all I had to do is go snip the black wire and splice...right? WRONG. Turns out that everyone who has done this has had a black wire... I sure do NOT have a black wire... I have a green, light green, red, and blue with a black stripe. So I thought "Eh, black stripe...close enough" WRONG again... I took it out on the interstate... nothing, I toggled the switch on and off... nothing... Can someone PLEASE help me. I mean, I have the shit all hooked up but obviously that blue/black wire is the wrong one... someone HAS to know! please help me out!

Here is the switch I'm using.... cool huh!

-Chip

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, Joe B Slow, Aug-29-03 04:45 AM, #1
RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, 1998EclipseRS, Aug-29-03 09:12 AM, #2
      RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, Joe B Slow, Aug-29-03 11:31 AM, #3
           RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, 1998EclipseRS, Aug-29-03 11:13 PM, #4
                RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, shuwa29, Aug-30-03 05:28 AM, #5
                     RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, Joe B Slow, Aug-30-03 06:16 AM, #6
                          RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, 1998EclipseRS, Aug-30-03 07:45 AM, #7
                               RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, Joe B Slow, Aug-30-03 07:51 AM, #8
                                    RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!, 1998EclipseRS, Aug-31-03 12:17 PM, #9

Joe B SlowAug-29-03 04:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1831, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 0

Take a picture of the whole area like I told yuo earlier, when it is light out, and ill show you which harness is which.

joseph

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1998EclipseRSAug-29-03 09:12 AM
3245 posts,
#1832, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 1

I KNOW its the right harness... the wires are different in mine... I swear to God... the harness is the right one... I have no clue why, its just the fact that the wires are different thats fucking this whole thing up.

Joe B SlowAug-29-03 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1836, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 2

Just take the pictur Or ill be nice and take the picture and circle the one youre looking fo

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

1998EclipseRSAug-29-03 11:13 PM
3245 posts,
#1840, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 3

I swear I'm right dude... there is no black wire.

Like I said just so you don't ask I've checked 1000000 times... no BLACK wire... only

Green
Light Green
Blue/Black
Red

I had cut the blue/black wire as if it was the black wire and I test drove my car and it didn't do shit.

thanks for caring!

-Chip

shuwa29Aug-30-03 05:28 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#1841, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 4

he's not bs'ing guys! i talked him through it and checked my wires and drew a diagram of where the wire should be. well, apartently, it's still not working for him for some reason. help him out.

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

Joe B SlowAug-30-03 06:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1842, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-30-03 06:18 AM by Joe B Slow

We're trying to help him, he needs to chill out for a secon . Thats one way to lose help.

edit: In the third picture there is a wire in the "top right" side. That is where the black one was for me, im guessing. Also, make sure your switch is good.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

1998EclipseRSAug-30-03 07:45 AM
3245 posts,
#1843, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 6

Alright, I know the switch is good.... I'll try what looks like the green wire...badass.... thanks guys.

Joe B SlowAug-30-03 07:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1844, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-30-03 07:57 AM by Joe B Slow

lemme go figure out which colors ive got on my harness and by process of elimination we'll see which is whic

edit : k mine are, green, brown, red/black and black. lol doesnt really help much. but i did notice your harness looks way different than mine. you may wanna call up Chrysler and ask em. it couldnt hurt.

worst case, try em all lol

ps - how are you testing it? are you going to 50+ in 3rd gear/4th gear? The TC only locks up when you're coasting along. Theres a chart on when the lock up and unlocks are, and only 3rd and 4th gear lock up at about 45+ mph.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

1998EclipseRSAug-31-03 12:17 PM
3245 posts,
#1847, "RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!"
In response to Reply # 8

I still have no idea if the red/black on is correct... I'll try the blue one again I suppose... I have no clue... this blows. I thought I found the right one... but no.

-Chip

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1824 Previous topic | Next topic