Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectPlease MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1824
1824, Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
Posted by 1998EclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I decide to do the Torque Converter MOD...
I got the switch and all the wiring done on the switch part... so now all I had to do is go snip the black wire and splice...right? WRONG. Turns out that everyone who has done this has had a black wire... I sure do NOT have a black wire... I have a green, light green, red, and blue with a black stripe. So I thought "Eh, black stripe...close enough" WRONG again... I took it out on the interstate... nothing, I toggled the switch on and off... nothing... Can someone PLEASE help me. I mean, I have the shit all hooked up but obviously that blue/black wire is the wrong one... someone HAS to know! please help me out!

Here is the switch I'm using.... cool huh!

-Chip
1831, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Take a picture of the whole area like I told yuo earlier, when it is light out, and ill show you which harness is which.

joseph
1832, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
I KNOW its the right harness... the wires are different in mine... I swear to God... the harness is the right one... I have no clue why, its just the fact that the wires are different thats fucking this whole thing up.
1836, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
Just take the picture;) Or ill be nice and take the picture and circle the one youre looking for:)
1840, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
I swear I'm right dude... there is no black wire.

Like I said just so you don't ask I've checked 1000000 times... no BLACK wire... only

Green
Light Green
Blue/Black
Red

I had cut the blue/black wire as if it was the black wire and I test drove my car and it didn't do shit.

thanks for caring!

-Chip
1841, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
he's not bs'ing guys! i talked him through it and checked my wires and drew a diagram of where the wire should be. well, apartently, it's still not working for him for some reason. help him out.

later
1842, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
We're trying to help him, he needs to chill out for a second;). Thats one way to lose help.

edit: In the third picture there is a wire in the "top right" side. That is where the black one was for me, im guessing. Also, make sure your switch is good.
1843, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
Alright, I know the switch is good.... I'll try what looks like the green wire...badass.... thanks guys.
1844, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
lemme go figure out which colors ive got on my harness and by process of elimination we'll see which is which:)

edit : k mine are, green, brown, red/black and black. lol doesnt really help much. but i did notice your harness looks way different than mine. you may wanna call up Chrysler and ask em. it couldnt hurt.

worst case, try em all lol

ps - how are you testing it? are you going to 50+ in 3rd gear/4th gear? The TC only locks up when you're coasting along. Theres a chart on when the lock up and unlocks are, and only 3rd and 4th gear lock up at about 45+ mph.
1847, RE: Please MY LAST QUESTION...my car is officially...different.... HELP!
I still have no idea if the red/black on is correct... I'll try the blue one again I suppose... I have no clue... this blows. I thought I found the right one... but no.

-Chip
I generated this page in 0.012347936630249 seconds, executing 7 queries.