Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1479
View in linear mode

Subject: "how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSJul-13-03 10:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1479, "how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"

I have near 60k miles and I'm still on the 1st tranny. I beat the shit out of it usually and people have told me that I will kill it if I continue to do things I do. Well, a year and some change later after continuing to do those things, it stil works perfect.
I read the post about LA times calling our tranny a POS basically. I don't agree b/c mine has been thru hell and back and is still kicking it OG. Anyway, how many times have u rebuilt or replaced the auto tranny? And what mileage do you have?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, jsupetran, Jul-14-03 07:27 AM, #1
RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, ModeratorCorbin, Jul-14-03 08:03 AM, #2
      RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, ThE oRACLe, Jul-14-03 08:44 AM, #3
           RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, mcgyvr, Jul-14-03 12:43 PM, #4
                RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-14-03 07:57 PM, #5
                     RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, soulcontroller, Jul-15-03 02:49 PM, #6
                          RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, Teamdougie2, Jul-15-03 04:45 PM, #7
                               RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-15-03 09:29 PM, #8
                                    RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, Blmet, Jul-17-03 07:26 PM, #9
                                         RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?, amljbs, Jul-18-03 09:01 AM, #10

jsupetranJul-14-03 07:27 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1484, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 0

first tranny BUT the LA TIMES article is about the tranny that come from the LE Baron, those old school convertable cars. we have a redesigned tranny therefore we don't have their problems.

-------jezreel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinJul-14-03 08:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1485, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm at 72k and on my first tranny. Many of those miles are boosted (been turboed for 3 years). I assume that our trannies are much better than the old Lebarons. I'm still worried about it though.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

ThE oRACLeJul-14-03 08:44 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#1486, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 2

SECOND TRANNY .. SHES GOT NOT EVEN 10K ON HER ...

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

mcgyvrJul-14-03 12:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#1495, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 3

still on the origional 90K miles
tranny cooler the whole time.. and I BEAT on it HARD
I love the a604 its given me NO problems.
and our trannies are very similar to the lebaron just new solenoid pack and some other minor changes ..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

9D9 MITSU RSJul-14-03 07:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1512, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 4

>I BEAT on it HARD
I didn't ask you for that kinda statement. We didn't needta know that!

soulcontrollerJul-15-03 02:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#1528, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-15-03 02:50 PM by soulcontroller

30k. no problems.

Teamdougie2Jul-15-03 04:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#1532, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 6

That article is based on the original series of A604s manufactured. They used to be a big piece of shit. Ours has been COMPLETELY redesigned... pretty much a completely different tranny. Things mentioned in that article and things having to do with the orginal A604s have no merit in regards to our tranny.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

9D9 MITSU RSJul-15-03 09:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1536, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 7

I know the tranny isn't the same. There are a lot of trannies out there with the same name as a previous 1 that lacked new technology. I work in a tranny shop. I was just curious mainly to see what the good tranny experience ratio was compared to the bad.

BlmetJul-17-03 07:26 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
328 posts,
#1562, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 8

Before I got my manual, I had to replace the tranny in my auto at 65k, it hadn't stopped working yet but second and third gear sounded like a manual in reverse but only louder.

amljbsJul-18-03 09:01 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
#1565, "RE: how many times have u rebuilt the tranny? mileage?"
In response to Reply # 9

Im at 52,000 with the cooler, remote filter, and shiftkit and I push mine pretty hard. Ive had no probs with it other than input and output sensors going out but that really has nothing to do with the mechanical end of it all. I think if its taken care of it will last even when pushed.

1998 Eclipse GST

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1479 Previous topic | Next topic