Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1604
View in linear mode

Subject: "TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER" Previous topic | Next topic
ttieucaJul-21-03 03:58 AM
Member since May 12th 2003
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1604, "TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"

okay.. i guess i'm just dumb or something???? i don't know much about cars.. so when I insert the tranny cooler.. all my tranny fluid came out.. plus... my kit didn't include rubber hoses.. i had to go get some from Autozone.. at least it's all done now though.. my rubber hose that i bought was like 6 foot..

BTW .. now.. i have no tranny fluid left in my car.. so i would have to go get it from the Mitsubishi Dealer.. since it's a special kind.. you have to use DIAMOND ATF SPII .. i think that's the name for it.. it has a special lubricant that's different from every other ones... i did see this new kind ATF+3 i think.. it indicates clearly that it is for Chrysler vehicles.. i don't recommend anyone using those though.. cuz you'll experience slippage.. at least this professional told me so.. so i'll stick to Diamond one.. hope this helps everyone..

last thing i want to mention.. i think i have the hottest car on this web site.. might not be the fastest.. but it has to be the hottest..

Bao

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, ThE oRACLe, Jul-21-03 06:37 AM, #1
RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, ttieuca, Jul-21-03 07:56 AM, #2
      RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, Joe B Slow, Jul-21-03 12:50 PM, #3
           RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, mcgyvr, Jul-21-03 02:40 PM, #4
                RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, mcgyvr, Jul-21-03 02:41 PM, #5
                     RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, Joe B Slow, Jul-21-03 02:42 PM, #6
                          RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, ttieuca, Jul-22-03 03:04 AM, #7
                          RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, mcgyvr, Jul-22-03 01:12 PM, #8
                               RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, ThE oRACLe, Jul-23-03 05:30 AM, #9
                                    RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, ttieuca, Jul-23-03 05:40 AM, #10
                                         RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, TXrepresent, Jul-23-03 07:21 AM, #11
                                              RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, TXrepresent, Jul-23-03 03:23 PM, #12
                                                   RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, Joe B Slow, Jul-23-03 03:26 PM, #13
                                                        RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, TXrepresent, Jul-24-03 04:43 AM, #14
                                                             RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, Joe B Slow, Jul-24-03 05:02 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER, TXrepresent, Jul-24-03 09:19 AM, #16

ThE oRACLeJul-21-03 06:37 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1610, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 0

what size hoses did u need to complete the install ?

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ttieucaJul-21-03 07:56 AM
29 posts,
#1612, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 1

i don't quite remember .. i jux gave him the tranny cooler and he got me the hoses .. i know it's a little bigger than the stock ones on our car.. by the way.. i added the tranny fluid to my car already.. but i was in a rush.. so now.. there's way too much in there... *SHIET* i should take it back out huh?? cuz there's like smoke all over the place.. BTW... how many of those tranny fluid bottles is enuff for our car???

Bao

Joe B SlowJul-21-03 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1620, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 2

Umm...yea get that tranny fluid out of there ASAP. Too much fluid is just as bad as too little fluid. You'll burn up your pump with too much fluid man.

Our trannies only hold 9.1 qts of oil, thats including the torque converter.

And those lines you got should be 3/8inch lines. Those are about the right size. Much bigger than stock for much better flow.

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

mcgyvrJul-21-03 02:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#1622, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 3

yep and mine came with hose

and ATF+3 is the same, your tranny/engine IS chrysler
I just buy the ATF+3 at autozone for like 2 something bucks a bottle

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

mcgyvrJul-21-03 02:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#1623, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 4

OH and the only fluid that came out as leftover in the OEM cooler, unless you hade the engine on while you were doing the mod
So yep you overfilled it and in our trannies fluid level is critical, you should have only needed a 1/2 quart at the most

Mods are:
Not enough

Joe B SlowJul-21-03 02:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1624, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 5

I vote Mcgyvr and myself for A604 Gods of the mont .

heh

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

ttieucaJul-22-03 03:04 AM
29 posts,
#1636, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 6

that's cool .. hopefullyy.. i can scan my car pix sometimes and post it up for everyone to see.. ehheeh.. my car might not be fastest.. but it has to be the HOTTEST in here.. no doubt.. not bragging but .. heheheeh..

Bao

mcgyvrJul-22-03 01:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#1641, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 6

>I vote Mcgyvr and myself for A604 Gods of the mont .
>
here here

Mods are:
Not enough

ThE oRACLeJul-23-03 05:30 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#1646, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 8

my b&m super cooler didnt come with hoses ... hmmm

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

ttieucaJul-23-03 05:40 AM
29 posts,
#1647, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 9

i knoe diz sounds very stupid.. but i want to share it wid everyone.. i was so dumb.. because I overfilled my tranny fluid.. i couldn't think of any simpler ways to drain it back out.. i disconnected the hose from the tranny cooler.. i disconnected only one.. then guess what.. (i don't know what i was thinking). i turned the engine on trying to figure out which one was the outlet and which one was the inlet.. welpz.. to my stupidity.. the one i disconnected was the outlet.. damn.. i didn't prepare either.. everything came gushing outtttttttttt.. luckily,, i was able to capture like 2 and a half bottles I think.. so in the end.. i put that back in.. and go buy another quart.. just wanted to share that with everybody.. i do admit.. the car runs smoother wid the tranny cooler though..

Bao

TXrepresentJul-23-03 07:21 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
#1648, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 10

I used 3/8 heater hose on my cooler, now its leaking a clear liquid through the hose, does anyone know what that is?

TXrepresentJul-23-03 03:23 PM
541 posts,
#1663, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 11

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Joe B SlowJul-23-03 03:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1664, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 12

The easiest and best way, imo, is to just take alittle bit of it and SMELL it.

Thats what I do when I see fluid. Or rub it off whatever and check the color.

If its a clear kinda oily fluid, id say condensation, whered you mount your cooler or where'd you run your lines?

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

TXrepresentJul-24-03 04:43 AM
541 posts,
#1675, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 13

Yeah its a clear oily substance, but its just on the hoses. Wonder why condensation would be just on it. The clear liquid has no color or smell. I mounted the tranny cooler in front of my radiator and condensor, running the lines from underneath all that.

Joe B SlowJul-24-03 05:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
#1676, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 14

If its a hazy kinda fluid thats what it prolly is. You may have installed the lines in such a way that they reroute the condensation to a new place, ie. where youre seeing it now

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.

TXrepresentJul-24-03 09:19 AM
541 posts,
#1682, "RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER"
In response to Reply # 15

Thanks. I hope thats what it is.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1604 Previous topic | Next topic