Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAuto Trans- A604
Topic subjectTRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=33&topic_id=1604
1604, TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Posted by ttieuca, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
okay.. i guess i'm just dumb or something???? i don't know much about cars.. so when I insert the tranny cooler.. all my tranny fluid came out.. plus... my kit didn't include rubber hoses.. i had to go get some from Autozone.. at least it's all done now though.. my rubber hose that i bought was like 6 foot..

BTW .. now.. i have no tranny fluid left in my car.. so i would have to go get it from the Mitsubishi Dealer.. since it's a special kind.. you have to use DIAMOND ATF SPII .. i think that's the name for it.. it has a special lubricant that's different from every other ones... i did see this new kind ATF+3 i think.. it indicates clearly that it is for Chrysler vehicles.. i don't recommend anyone using those though.. cuz you'll experience slippage.. at least this professional told me so.. so i'll stick to Diamond one.. :) hope this helps everyone..

last thing i want to mention.. i think i have the hottest car on this web site.. might not be the fastest.. but it has to be the hottest.. :)
1610, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Posted by ThE oRACLe, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what size hoses did u need to complete the install ?
1612, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
i don't quite remember .. i jux gave him the tranny cooler and he got me the hoses .. i know it's a little bigger than the stock ones on our car.. by the way.. i added the tranny fluid to my car already.. but i was in a rush.. so now.. there's way too much in there... *SHIET* i should take it back out huh?? cuz there's like smoke all over the place.. BTW... how many of those tranny fluid bottles is enuff for our car???
1620, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Posted by Joe B Slow, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Umm...yea get that tranny fluid out of there ASAP. Too much fluid is just as bad as too little fluid. You'll burn up your pump with too much fluid man.

Our trannies only hold 9.1 qts of oil, thats including the torque converter.

And those lines you got should be 3/8inch lines. Those are about the right size. Much bigger than stock for much better flow.
1622, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Posted by mcgyvr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yep and mine came with hose

and ATF+3 is the same, your tranny/engine IS chrysler :)
I just buy the ATF+3 at autozone for like 2 something bucks a bottle
1623, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
OH and the only fluid that came out as leftover in the OEM cooler, unless you hade the engine on while you were doing the mod :)
So yep you overfilled it and in our trannies fluid level is critical, you should have only needed a 1/2 quart at the most
1624, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
I vote Mcgyvr and myself for A604 Gods of the month:).

hehe}(
1636, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
that's cool .. hopefullyy.. i can scan my car pix sometimes and post it up for everyone to see.. ehheeh.. my car might not be fastest.. but it has to be the HOTTEST in here.. no doubt.. :) not bragging but .. heheheeh.. :)
1641, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
>I vote Mcgyvr and myself for A604 Gods of the month:).
>
here here :)
1646, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Posted by ThE oRACLe, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my b&m super cooler didnt come with hoses ... hmmm
1647, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
i knoe diz sounds very stupid.. but i want to share it wid everyone.. i was so dumb.. because I overfilled my tranny fluid.. i couldn't think of any simpler ways to drain it back out.. i disconnected the hose from the tranny cooler.. i disconnected only one.. then guess what.. (i don't know what i was thinking). i turned the engine on trying to figure out which one was the outlet and which one was the inlet.. welpz.. to my stupidity.. the one i disconnected was the outlet.. damn.. i didn't prepare either.. everything came gushing outtttttttttt.. luckily,, i was able to capture like 2 and a half bottles I think.. so in the end.. i put that back in.. and go buy another quart.. just wanted to share that with everybody.. i do admit.. the car runs smoother wid the tranny cooler though..
1648, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Posted by TXrepresent, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used 3/8 heater hose on my cooler, now its leaking a clear liquid through the hose, does anyone know what that is?
1663, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
1664, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
The easiest and best way, imo, is to just take alittle bit of it and SMELL it.

Thats what I do when I see fluid. Or rub it off whatever and check the color.

If its a clear kinda oily fluid, id say condensation, whered you mount your cooler or where'd you run your lines?
1675, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Yeah its a clear oily substance, but its just on the hoses. Wonder why condensation would be just on it. The clear liquid has no color or smell. I mounted the tranny cooler in front of my radiator and condensor, running the lines from underneath all that.
1676, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
If its a hazy kinda fluid thats what it prolly is. You may have installed the lines in such a way that they reroute the condensation to a new place, ie. where youre seeing it now.:)

1682, RE: TRANNY FLUID and TRANNY COOLER
Thanks. I hope thats what it is.
I generated this page in 0.0091941356658936 seconds, executing 7 queries.