Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2982
View in linear mode

Subject: "I'm in the 15s!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMetalJimJun-05-03 08:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2982, "I'm in the 15s!"

I hit a 15.943 @ 86.48mph - 2.414 60' today at Atco. YEAH!!! I'm in the 15s!!!

It was a great day of racing for me. 4 runs total. Nothing above a 16.2. I actually beat my old time twice today. First run was a 16.2. On my second run I got a 16.026 @ 87.49 mph - with a 2.39 60' time - yeah 16 flat! I beat my old 16.1! The third run was the best time though - in the 15s. That one was against a Mustang GT and I was surprised how close I was running to him. Last run was a 16.2. Another good thing about today was that I actually got to beat up on some cars. That's never happened to me before. I totally demolished a Pontiac Sunfire, and I also beat a Miata. I'd been talking to the dude in the Miata(Ryan) like all day - and it just ended up that we raced on the last run. It was cool.

Yep, definately a great day at the track for me.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I'm in the 15s!, WIKKI, Jun-05-03 09:45 PM, #1
RE: I'm in the 15s!, TeamXtremeRS, Jun-07-03 09:30 AM, #2
      RE: I'm in the 15s!, fatchance, Jun-10-03 04:31 AM, #3
           RE: I'm in the 15s!, TeamMetalJim, Jun-10-03 08:20 AM, #4
                RE: I'm in the 15s!, Uberingram, Jun-24-03 01:54 PM, #5
                     RE: I'm in the 15s!, 808dsmtuner, Jun-27-03 06:35 PM, #6
                          RE: I'm in the 15s!, MCubed45, Jun-28-03 01:57 PM, #7
                               RE: I'm in the 15s!, 808dsmtuner, Jun-28-03 02:40 PM, #8
                                    RE: I'm in the 15s!, TeamMetalJim, Jun-29-03 02:33 PM, #9
                                    RE: I'm in the 15s!, 808dsmtuner, Jun-30-03 09:19 AM, #10
                                         RE: I'm in the 15s!, PowerEclipses, Jul-11-03 08:46 AM, #11
                                              RE: I'm in the 15s!, icedout, Jul-11-03 02:20 PM, #12
                                    RE: I'm in the 15s!, MCubed45, Jul-12-03 02:50 PM, #14
                                         RE: I'm in the 15s!, TeamMetalJim, Jul-12-03 03:20 PM, #15
                                              RE: I'm in the 15s!, MCubed45, Jul-12-03 07:19 PM, #16
RE: I'm in the 15s!, TeamMetalJim, Jul-12-03 08:01 AM, #13
RE: I'm in the 15s!, 808dsmtuner, Jul-12-03 08:42 PM, #17
      RE: I'm in the 15s!, SaberKhan, Aug-28-03 06:24 PM, #18
           RE: I'm in the 15s!, sonny bk, Sep-15-03 12:16 PM, #19
                RE: I'm in the 15s!, Initial DSM, Oct-15-03 08:38 AM, #20
                RE: I'm in the 15s!, Initial DSM, Oct-15-03 08:42 AM, #21
                     RE: I'm in the 15s!, ModeratorVX100, Oct-16-03 06:35 AM, #22

WIKKIJun-05-03 09:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2983, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 0

Great runs jim! those mods are paying off!

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSJun-07-03 09:30 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#2990, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 1

If you could get a 2.0 60ft, you could be at a 15.1 technically. But that is no easy task! Great runs. On street tires, working the launch, if you can muster a 2.2 60ft, you will see around a 15.4-15.5 1/4 time.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

fatchanceJun-10-03 04:31 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
761 posts,
#2998, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 2

Nicely done Congrats!
what are your mods?

1995 RS
new engine, I think I'm just going to leave it stock now.

TeamMetalJimJun-10-03 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#2999, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 3
Jun-10-03 08:22 AM by MetalJim

Thanks. Yeah I'd really like to hit mid 15s before I put the turbo on. Traction is a HUGE issue with my car. I still haven't tried lowering the pressure on the front tires, figured out a clutch dump speed, etc. I'm just kind of racing it like I would on the street. I need more practice.

As far as power mods - Ebay short ram air intake, Jeep 60mm TB, Gude cams, ported exhaust manifold, test pipe, GS-T cat back, AFX UDP, Field SFC Hyper-R Boxer Series(like an S-AFC), f/r Bomz strut bars, f/r Hurricane ties, custom short shifter.

EDIT - LOL! I just notitced your oil mod. Thats a good one man.

15.943 @ 86.48mph

UberingramJun-24-03 01:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#3041, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 4

Gj do0d! way better 60 ft times then me

808dsmtunerJun-27-03 06:35 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2002
665 posts,
#3064, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 5

see the thing i dont get is that im running 15.9 with a 2.15 60ft time with only a short ram and a exhaust with some mild porting. anyways sounds like your top end is built but why are we running the same thing??? well the 60ft time duh but i would figure you would run a lil faster then me i dont know just thinking

hawaii boy

MCubed45Jun-28-03 01:57 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#3069, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 6

hey is there a track on kauai? where'd you run at? haha i ran 16.4 my first time at hawaii raceway the other weekend. i need to practice

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

808dsmtunerJun-28-03 02:40 PM
665 posts,
#3070, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 7

yea our track is at mana drag strip hehe yea should be able to run as fast as me even though your an oahu boy even worse pearl boy haha nah joke joke

hawaii boy

TeamMetalJimJun-29-03 02:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#3079, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah, I've got TERRIBLE traction off the line. I use my stock 14s with shitty Uniroyal Tiger Paws on them. I've been thinking that I want to put a pair of those DOT slicks on for the track nights. The absence of traction is really starting to piss me off. Also, even with all my mods - my rings are kind of on their way out. Last time I did a compression check(a while ago), they came up 160, 180, 185, 165 - or something like that. I'm building a new block right now so that should help.

You know, my company is based in Hawaii. I haven't been out there in a while but the next time out maybe we can do some racing. I'd love to borrow my partner's Porche for a night at the track. He used to race his Bugs there, long long ago.

15.943 @ 86.48mph

808dsmtunerJun-30-03 09:19 AM
665 posts,
#3084, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 9

hey what company is that?? and yeah next time your down i can show you all the hot spots hahaha

hawaii boy

PowerEclipsesJul-11-03 08:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#3146, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 10

SWEET JIM! Get some suspension mods and motor mounts they will help with your 60 foot times. Give me a buzz next time you head to the track, I wanna come!

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

icedoutJul-11-03 02:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#3147, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 11

nice runs jim...... how far are you from island race track.....i want to go out there one of the nights and get a crew of people to show up.... kinda have a 2gnt night... but with anyone that wants to show

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

MCubed45Jul-12-03 02:50 PM
2706 posts,
#3161, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 8
Jul-12-03 03:13 PM by MCubed45

>yea our track is at mana drag strip hehe yea should be able
>to run as fast as me even though your an oahu boy even worse
>pearl boy haha nah joke joke

lol yea i guess i can't be hawaii-boy since you've already claimed it. haha i was here first!!

i thought you were workin on a custom turbo setup or somethin? i really wanna see what you run once you're boosted...

oh yea i heard hawaii raceway isn't NHRA sanctioned anymore for some reason or something.. but like the outer-island ones still are. idk i forget. it was on forumshawaii.net somewhere. i wonder if they're ever gonna end up building the new track that was proposed before... it kinda sucks that hawaii raceway doesn't even have a board that shows the times that the cars are running. there's only a shitty PA where you can barely understand the announcer...

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

TeamMetalJimJul-12-03 03:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#3164, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 14
Jul-12-03 03:22 PM by MetalJim

>i thought you were workin on a custom turbo setup or somethin?

Still workin on it.

My compression isn't all that great so I'm building a motor before I complete the turbo system. I have most of the stuff already - block/bedplate, machined crankshaft, clevite main and rod bearings, lower gasket kit, Melling oil pump, new water pump, ARP head and main stud kits, head gasket, cam gaskets, timing belt. Waiting for 10.5:1 pistons and Eagle rods to come in. Also have a used tensioner pulley w/bracket coming in - I want to see what I can do about using McMaster Carr as a bearing/bolt source for tbelt pulleys and bracket.

But yeah, the turbo kit is 75% paid for and in the workshop/car. The bezel gauge cluster is installed(oil pressure, fuel pressure). 8-inj fuel system is just about ready to install. I already have the turbo manifold, 14b turbo, TurboXS RFL, oil lines/fittings. Still need exhaust piping, IC piping, coolant lines, and a few more gauges(af, egt, boost). I'll get it boostin at some point here.

>i really wanna see what you run once you're boosted

you and me both

15.901 @ 88.34mph

MCubed45Jul-12-03 07:19 PM
2706 posts,
#3172, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 15

>>i thought you were workin on a custom turbo setup or
>somethin?
>
>Still workin on it.
>
>My compression isn't all that great so I'm building a motor
>before I complete the turbo system. I have most of the stuff
>already - block/bedplate, machined crankshaft, clevite main
>and rod bearings, lower gasket kit, Melling oil pump, new
>water pump, ARP head and main stud kits, head gasket, cam
>gaskets, timing belt. Waiting for 10.5:1 pistons and Eagle
>rods to come in. Also have a used tensioner pulley w/bracket
>coming in - I want to see what I can do about using McMaster
>Carr as a bearing/bolt source for tbelt pulleys and bracket.
>
>But yeah, the turbo kit is 75% paid for and in the
>workshop/car. The bezel gauge cluster is installed(oil
>pressure, fuel pressure). 8-inj fuel system is just about
>ready to install. I already have the turbo manifold, 14b
>turbo, TurboXS RFL, oil lines/fittings. Still need exhaust
>piping, IC piping, coolant lines, and a few more gauges(af,
>egt, boost). I'll get it boostin at some point here.
>
>>i really wanna see what you run once you're boosted
>
>you and me both

lol haha i was actually talkin to hawaii-boy since it seems he's the only 420-turbo i might actually get to meet in person (if he actually does turbo) but yes i wanna see what you run to, jim. that sounds like a pretty nice setup you're putting together

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

TeamMetalJimJul-12-03 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#3159, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey again. You'll notice I updated my timeslip pic - cause I beat it last night at Cecil County Dragway. 15.901 @ 88.34 mph. Pretty hot and humid as balls. Guess thats just the way it is in summer around here.

George - sorry bout the short notice. I totally forgot to call till I saw your post. Next time man. I'm dyin to see your GSX.

Where is Island Race track? I'm not too far from NYC - just south of Philly. Only takes me a couple hours to get there, but I've never heard of that race track. I can't seem to find any information about it doing a google search. Do they have a website. If not, just tell me where it is and when you're thinking of goin. I'm definately up for it.

15.901 @ 88.34mph

808dsmtunerJul-12-03 08:42 PM
665 posts,
#3173, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 13

hey yeah i am going turbo as soon as i fix my bottom end if you read the general section my engine got messed up over the years i might just need the new block but so far got most the turbo parts just waiting on the mani (if i wanna use the one i built) and some other misc fittings should be up by next year hopefully

hawaii boy

SaberKhanAug-28-03 06:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#3389, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 17
Aug-28-03 06:34 PM by SaberKhan

2.0 60ft times are going to be nearly unattainable on a n/a FWD Eclipse. They'll neither have the traction nor the power to nail 2.0's. Anything much bigger than a meaty drag radial will be too big for the nonturbo to spin, and will result in bogging. I've personally never seen better than a 2.15. Which is exactly what myself and someone else here have ran. Although I didnt have any porting work done, just short ram/exhaust. Also, 15.1's at 86mph is more like AWD territory. 86mph is good for mid 15's if you can get the 60ft times in the low 2.2's. But, thats just my my own experiences with 420a Eclipses.

Also, I am not trying to take away from Jim breaking into the 15's. Thats badass, and I think it can go much deeper into the 15's with practice. Good luck dude

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

sonny bkSep-15-03 12:16 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1171 posts,
#3453, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 18

Island Raceway is down rt 80 near Penn in north west NJ.

here's the link sir:
http://www.islanddragway.com/

I'm down to go whenever someone pics a date in the announcements section. We already started a thread. Check it out.

WTB:
--bolt on turbo kit (star, hahn, etc.)
--rear drum to disc set up
--internals
---------------HOLLA!!!

Initial DSMOct-15-03 08:38 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#3572, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 19

How much will a crankscraper improve his 1/4?

Initial DSMOct-15-03 08:42 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#3573, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 19

will a crankscraper improve his 1/4 time?

ModeratorVX100Oct-16-03 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3578, "RE: I'm in the 15s!"
In response to Reply # 21

I have no idea. There's really only one way to find out put it on and see what happens.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2982 Previous topic | Next topic