Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3580
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New times, car fast, driver = me = suck" Previous topic | Next topic
Mystic511Oct-16-03 06:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3580, "New times, car fast, driver = me = suck"

Well, before you scroll down and see my car's speed, let me just relay to you my horrible day at the track.

First run, .080 reaction time. Bad 60'time... but because of reaction time, killed whatever car I was racing.. it was some 70's muscle car. It was a fun race though.

Next three runs, I proceed to misshift 2nd gear. Three strikes, I just shut her down and left. Plus, it was starting to rain.

Alright, here's the timeslip of the ONLY decent run I had, which was the first one. Man, i'm so out of practice.

As you can see 16.1 @ 87.11 That beats my 16.18 @ 85.77

Crappy 60' time. I hit 2.39 on one of my other runs, but it doesn't matter, cuz I couldn't shift into second properly for my life.

New mods were p&p manifold and 57mm tb. Also, AFX ecu. Yea, finally got one of those, forgot to post about it.

Honestly, I think the ecu is the main reason for the new time and speed. Oh, and the rev limiter for the afx ecu is only 7800. That's where it kept pinging at whenever I missed second. Stock valvetrain too... hope I didn't break anything.

The only thing that saved this from being possibly the worse track experience in my life is the fact that I won my first three races. Yea, even with the misshifts on the second and third run! On both those times, the cars I was racing against just either had worse drivers then me, or worse luck. Audi TT and Camaro SS. Both had horrible reaction times (i'm talkin about like 1.5+ seconds) and the camara just flat out gave up after getting like a 2.6 60'. Heh, bragging rights for me.

My car is definately capable of breaking into the 15's. I just wish I had a timeslip to prove it. Very disappointed in myself tonight.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

New times, car fast, driver = me = suck [View all] , Mystic511, Oct-16-03 06:19 PM
  RE: New times, car fast, driver = me = suck, ModeratorVX100, Oct-17-03 03:36 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3580 Previous topic | Next topic