Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2955
View in linear mode

Subject: "a night at the races" Previous topic | Next topic
Teamner947May-30-03 07:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2955, "a night at the races"

well, i finally got to new england dragway tonight in epping, new hampshire. it was pretty fun. i finally got some decent timeslips, and some clutchslip.

first run of the night, i had my boost controller down to 8 psi. i ran up against some 'teg, i launched pretty bad and bogged a little in 1st because i suck. .712 for my R/T and a 2.442 60' time. he only had basic bolt-ons so i ran a 14.802 ET with a 96.47 MPH trap. he ran a 15.8. easy kill.

second run, definately the best. i turned up the boost to about 12 psi. still had issues with the launch, .808 for my R/T and a slightly better 60' time at 2.388 seconds. still needs a LOT of work though. i need to go up and race more often. i was racing against some hooligan in an older camaro, for some reason people were suprized when i beat his 16.1 with my 14.424 ET and a 99.48 MPH trap. i still remember the announcer saying "ah, it's chevy VS. eagle, who's gonna win?" everyone yelled "CHEVY POWAH!!!!" so good.

my third run sucked. i was up against a somewhat modded 1G GSX with a "rebuilt engine and a big 16g", but he didn't have a boost controller (wtf?) and was only boosting 12 psi. this run i decided to turn my boost up to about 14-15 psi, which i what i've been praticing on recently. the only downside to this boost level is that EGT's rise pretty fast with a crapply-mounted 1G SMIC. anyhow, my launch wasn't that great. soon after getting all squared away in 2nd gear, my clutch started slipping. it didn't stop slipping. i shifted to 3rd, 4th, 5th, still slipped. i put it in neuteral and coasted down the rest of the track after giving up. i'm not even going to post my trap/ET, it was embarassing. however, the guy with the 1G didn't do too much better, he was a really crappy driver and after the race he told me that he missed 2nd and 3rd gear. and i thought that he was just mesing with me the whole time...

well, i guess it's about time for a new clutch and a FMIC.

discuss.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorVX100Jun-03-03 07:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2968, "RE: a night at the races"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll get a chance to se that run in person, as soon as the right cams arrive...

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teamner947Jun-12-03 09:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#3008, "RE: a night at the races"
In response to Reply # 1

another trip to NED. on the way up in deep thought i figured out why i've been getting fuel cut. see "why does my ECU 'hickup'?" thread in the turbo section.

there was absolutely NO ONE there last night. it was insane. i ended up getting 5 runs in, however, i could have gotten in twice as many runs if i wanted to.

#1. me against something not that impressive. i can't even remember what kind of car it was. i had issues right after the burnout before the race, the guys there said i was leaking coolant everywhere and told me to pull off to the side to fix it. i couldn't see anything leaking from anywhere, and the guy was like "HEY JIM/BOB/JON (or another generic name) THIS ECLIPSE AIN'T LEAKIN ANYMORE." so i got to go. asleep at the light with a 1.063 R/T, a crappy 60' at 2.621, but at least i ran a 14.903 @ 98.30. the other car was in the 16's.

#2. much better run. me against what seemed to be a mostly stock SRT-4, i think it just had a blow off valve or something. slightly better light at .855, but still not so great. 2.439 for the 60', i lost to the SRT-4's 14.515 @ 99.27 to my 14.765 @ 96.15. i had the boost turned down a little on that run. if i got a 2.2 second 60' time, i would have probably won.

#3. right after something weird happened to the track. i think one of the bikes broke down or something. the track was über slippery. me against what looked like a pretty stock 1G Laser, i lighted at .543 (yay! much better!) but a not so great 60' time at 2.555. i won with a 15.102 @ 96.55 vs. the 1G's 15.3 @ 88.43.

#4. got to race my friend in his S70R volvo. the track is still slippery. he has some basic mods like intake and a chip. it's a nice sleeper. i lighted at .684, 2.624 60' time, and finished up with a 15.590 @ 96.13. my worst run of the night. hell, todd's N/A 2gnt could beat that

#5. probably my all around best run of the night. i raced my friend's '95 300ZX twin-turbo. i kept telling myself "nate, you can take him." the tree drops, i launch with a .536 light (yay! starting to get the hang of this!) and a 2.484 60' time. his launch was really bad though. he got a 2.734 60' time. immidately i got about 3/4 of a car length on him...

...and it was a DEAD HEAT for the rest of the 1320. i beat his 14.922 @ 96.51 with my 14.849 @ 98.28. it was pretty damn close. awesome. i bet a twin-turbo Z.

well, in about a month i'll have a LSD, CM stage IV, a FMIC, and more time to do some better tuning. maybe i'll be in the high 13's if i'm lucky!

1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-12-03 02:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#3009, "RE: a night at the races"
In response to Reply # 2

Nice dood. Eventually, I'll make it up there again one of these days (nights) Probably on a Wed. or Fri when the NEDSM crew is there.

-Tony '98-GST
tony_branczyk@aearo.com
eclipzgst@charter.net

http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

Teamner947Jun-13-03 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#3010, "RE: a night at the races"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah, i think i saw a bunch of them there on wednesday night. there was this one guy with a red 2G TSi with more computers in it then Los Alamos Lab. there was a gray GST running 11's too. it was insane. there was another red 1g with gunmetal rims also in the mid/low 11's.

after one of my runs i parked next to some 2G's with FMIC's and tweaked my S-FMU a little. they casually looked over and didn't say anything to me. i bet they thought i was weird or something for turbocharging a 2gnt instead of "selling it and buying a GSX"

1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)

ModeratorVX100Jun-13-03 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#3011, "RE: a night at the races"
In response to Reply # 4

>yeah, i think i saw a bunch of them there on wednesday night.

Sorry, can't head up there witht he car out of action. Hopefully that will change very soon and I'll get a chance to run against you

>there was this one guy with a red 2G TSi with more computers
>in it then Los Alamos Lab.

That was Scott. Really cool guy, has a huge flat screen monitor and computer bolted into his car. It controls how his car runs too :o

>there was a gray GST running 11's
>too. it was insane.

That might have been Chris Blanc, he's the only guy with a grey 1g running fast that I know of.

there was another red 1g with gunmetal
>rims also in the mid/low 11's.

That was probably Mike Rizzotti, if it was a perfectly clean and painted, with a rol cage in it, with a young kid wandering around it making fun of hondas (that's Mike's son) then it was him

>after one of my runs i parked next to some 2G's with FMIC's
>and tweaked my S-FMU a little. they casually looked over and
>didn't say anything to me. i bet they thought i was weird or
>something for turbocharging a 2gnt instead of "selling it and
>buying a GSX"

Some of them probably thought that. You've got to head up there with me so I can introduce you to the other NEDSM people, and you've gotta get on the mailing list.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2955 Previous topic | Next topic