Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2623
View in linear mode

Subject: "RS-T vs. Challengers" Previous topic | Next topic
96rs-tApr-05-03 04:08 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2623, "RS-T vs. Challengers"

Hey DSM family, i need your advice. I have a 96 eclipse rs, i have a stage 1 hahn race craft turbo, but it's not tuned yet. I've been challenged by a 2000 civic ex, he has the basic bolt on: exhaust, headers, cold air intake, TB, & cam gear. I have also been called out by a 67+ vw bug!, this guy dropped a dual carb engine in it of that year, now i only have the turbo and nothing else. Would I be able to take these two? i also have big problems with my take offs, i dont know what you guys mean by "slip the clutch or dump the clutch" any advice please would help

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

tacoman123Apr-05-03 05:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2678 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2624, "RE: RS-T vs. Challengers"
In response to Reply # 0

You can def. take the Civic.

My mom has a 01 Civic, it is ok, but a 2GNT can beat it (even probably stock)..

But you said you have a turbo, and he has basic bolt ons.. SOO.. you will def. win, unless you do something stupid ..

I'm not sure about the VW. I am kinda doubting you would win, because light weight car + big engine = fast..

So.. there's my answer ...

~Tacoman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BreezioApr-06-03 06:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#2625, "RE: RS-T vs. Challengers"
In response to Reply # 1

you'll beat them both.. possibly even if you were stock. don't try to go for that 'awesome' launch.. just take it off the line at a decent rate with no wheel spin and let your HP win for you.

and teh VW beetle.. if all he's got is a twin carb upgrade and nothing else.. you should dust him. but if it's a hopped up dual carb 1800 motor or something, he could smoke ya.

EclipseRSTApr-07-03 07:54 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#2631, "RE: RS-T vs. Challengers"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm going to say tune your car and you'll beat both. I'm a stage oner (only for a couple more months) as well but I've also got a full 3" cat-back and am within tuning specs. I would be very confident pulling up to either of them. From my experience those cars aren't anywhere close to the level of a boosted 420A. Go after some Preludes or Tegs.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

NomosunMay-25-03 08:16 AM
Member since May 09th 2003
37 posts,
#2928, "RE: RS-T vs. Challengers"
In response to Reply # 3

about the civic, my friend has a 2000 civic EX, and my car is bone stock performance wise adn automatic and i beat him, but 1-2 car lengths and his car was stick...all he had was exhaust and intake though so with more mods u would have to consult someone with more shit i mean civic knowledge

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2623 Previous topic | Next topic